Together We Shine With Excellence
**Week of October 14**
Plan Ahead With These Upcoming Dates!
10/17 - Papa John's SWE Spirit Night
10/21 - Boosterthon Kick-Off Student Pep Rally
10/24 - Fall Pictures: Scheduled times TBA
10/24 - McDonalds Spirit Night 5 - 8pm @ new SW location( Beltway & WLH)
10/25 - Report Cards Sent Home
Week of 10/28 - 11/1 - Red Ribbon Week & Teachers Begin to Schedule Fall Conferences
10/30 - Boosterthon Fun Run: Cheer on your favorite STAR(S)-Times listed below
11/1- NO School for students - Parent/Teacher Conferences
RED RIBBON WEEK: October 28-31
From the Nurse...
Vision & Hearing Screenings
Parents and guardians,
I have completed all first round screenings for kindergarten, 1st, 3rd, and 5th grade for the year, if a re-screen is needed, I will conduct that when it’s time (at least 3 weeks from first screen). If your child passed, nothing further will be needed. If your child did not pass, I will send home a referral for the pediatrician. As always, feel free to contact me with any questions.
Calling All Dads of Great Students!!!
1. Complete an Humble ISD Volunteer application at https://www.humbleisd.net/volunteer
2. Order a Watch DOG shirt. All Watch DOGS must wear a shirt when volunteering in this capacity. Orders should be placed on line and will be shipped to your home.
- Visit dadsofgreatstudents.com/index.php/default
- Click on Parents & Volunteers Shop Here (bottom of the page)
- Choose your items and add them to your cart
- Check out as a GUEST
3. Sign up for an available day on our Sign-Up Genius using the link...
4. Show up for your assigned day at 7:20am in the front office and we will have everything waiting for you to have a fabulous day.
VOLUNTEERING IN HUMBLE ISD
Humble ISD continually enhances proactive safety measures to keep children safe.
Anyone interested in volunteering in Humble ISD will be required to complete an application and undergo a criminal background check.
Go to humbleisd.net/volunteer to begin the application process.
BoxTop Collection Deadline:October 25!
•Box Tops is changing to fit today's families. The new and improved Box Tops mobile app uses state-of-the-art technology to scan your store receipt, find participating products and instantly add Box Tops to your school's earnings online
•Watch video below for more information
•Download Box Tops for Education App
•Continue to send old clipped box tops into school in an envelope or ziploc bag
•Just scan a picture of your receipts into app. It’s that easy!
•If you shop online (Instacart, Target, Walmart, Sams, Shipt) you can email your receipt to email@example.com (must have a box top account first)
***We have a school-wide goal to collect/scan 2,000 box tops or $200 by October 25th. Scan and send to school and if we surpass our goal our fearless leaders will go CRAZY! Mrs L and Mrs B will come to school with crazy hair and crazy clothes!
Pledging for SWE's Booter(thon) Fun Run is Open!
PLEDGING IS OPEN!
Help us reach our fundraising goal: $25,000
Parent Action Steps:
1. Register your student(s) on FUNRUN.COM on 10/14.
2. Reach out to sponsors by sharing your pledge link.
3. All pledges and payments are made online.
4. Cheer on your student at the FUN Event on 10/30.
October 30th STUDENT Fun Run Times:
3rd Grade - 8:30 - 9:30am - Color Run, If goal reached
5th Grade- 9:30- 10:30am- Color Run, If goal reached
4th Grade- 10:30- 11:30am - Color Run, If goal reached
1st Grade - 12-1pm
Kindergarten - 1 - 2pm
2nd Grade - 2 - 3pm
Run & Done Collections
• EASY for everyone! Sponsors pledge and pay online, saving our volunteers 50+ hours and helping our school collect more pledges faster.
• Sponsors can either make a pledge per lap or a flat donation. If they make a pledge per lap, their credit card is charged after the Event.
Thank you for your support of our school,