Trinity Falcon Flyer
From the Principal's Desk - Sunday, January 22nd, 2023
Hello TCS Family,
IT IS SPIRIT WEEK! It's one of our favorite weeks of the year. If you haven't aleady, please RSVP for our special guest lunch. The link is below!
- Friday, 1/27: Second quarter report cards sent home
- Wednesday, 2/1: Honor Roll Chapel & Lunch
- Wednesday, 2/1: OPEN ENROLLMENT BEGINS FOR CURRENT FAMILIES
- Thursday, 2/9: OPEN ENROLLMENT BEGINS FOR NEW FAMILIES
- Thursday, 2/9: Preschool Parent-Teacher Conferences (No PRESCHOOL classes)
- Friday, 2/10: NO SCHOOL - Parent-Teacher Conferences (WHOLE SCHOOL)
- Saturday, 2/11: Valentine's Chili Cookoff @ 12:00 PM in the Cafeteria
- WEEK OF 2/20-2/24: February Break - NO SCHOOL, offices closed
Q3 Pizza Friday Signups
It's that time again! Pizza signups are here for 3rd quarter!
Online order forms are due by Wednesday, February 1st. Here's the link: https://forms.gle/BCJPfcGd8nRZ1FNv8
Money is due by Thursday, February 2nd. Please make checks payable to Trinity Christian School with Q3 Pizza in the memo line. If you send cash, please be sure to send it in a sealed envelope marked "Pizza Q3."
PTFA UPDATES GALORE!
Our PTFA is made up of a group of incredible volunteers who are behind many things at Trinity, including community building and fundraising. This year, the PTFA proceeds are going towards improvements to our library, such as new tables and chairs, new bookshelves, a computer update, and (of course) NEW BOOKS!
Click here for the link to the signup genius for our CHILI COOK-OFF: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0948A9AE2CA5FCC25-chili
P.S. If you are a current family (parent, grandparent, or guardian) and would like to join the PTFA Facebook page, join here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/430498924764942
REMINDER: Open Enrollment Begins NEXT WEEK!
Open Enrollment is Coming!
- If you don't have a family portal account, you MUST have one to enroll. Instructions are below. I will also be sending out a few emails over the next couple of weeks with the same information, so you'll have plenty of time to get things ready. Reach out to the office if you have trouble!
- Registration fees remain the same as last year: $150 for preschool students and $175 for K-8. You will pay those fees online when you register (we are no longer collecting the additional technology fee). These registration fees are not only used to secure your child's spot in class, but they also allow us to purchase supplies and materials for next school year. They are important!
- We anticipate that some of our classes, especially in preschool, will fill up very quickly. If you know that you want to send your student next year, please don't delay signing up. This is especially important if you need Wee Care (preschool childcare add-on).
- Due to our new enrollment system, we cannot extend the early enrollment discount. It will be offered only during our early enrollment period. By giving you a discount, it helps us plan for next year (like hiring staff & purchasing curriculum). It's a win-win!
- We will be renewing our loyalty scholarships for 2nd grade and 6th grade. In order to take advantage of the loyalty scholarship, you must enroll before 3/3. I will communicate further details to you in a separate communication later this month.
- We will be renewing the discounted tuition for 7th and 8th grade. This is open to all 7th and 8th graders regardless of prior enrollment. I will communicate further details to you in a separate communication later this month.
You will NOT see an enrollment link in Family Portal until February 1st. I will send out a detailed communication when it's ready to go so you know what to do when you're ready to enroll.
Family Portal Link + Instructions
Here's a video with more information about Family Portal (password: Portal): https://vimeo.com/126932181
Head to this link (bookmark it for easy access): https://TC-NH.client.renweb.com/pw
FAMILIES WITHOUT FAMILY PORTAL: You will need to select "Create New Family Portal Account." When you enter your information, you must use the same email address you used to register your student (it's the same email address your school newsletters go to).
FAMILIES ALREADY REGISTERED: Select "Parent" and log in. If you forgot your username and/or password, just click the link to have it automatically reset.
FOR HELP WITH LOGGING IN: This video (password: Portal) will answer your login questions: https://vimeo.com/152634570
You don't need an app to access the family portal! To add a shortcut to Family Portal on a mobile device:
- Navigate to the Family Portal login link (https://TC-NH.client.renweb.com/pw)
- Tap the action icon (Apple iOS action icon looks like a box with an arrow pointing up; Android device action icon looks like three stacked dots) and tap Add to Home Screen.
- Rename the shortcut, if desired, and tap Add.
SCHOOL SPIRIT WEEK STARTS SUNDAY, JANUARY 22!
LIST OF SPECIAL EVENTS - READ ON FOR MORE DETAILS
- Sunday: Celebrate School Spirit Week with Trinity Lutheran Church @ 10:30 AM
- Wednesday: Invite a Special Guest to Lunch! See below for details.
- Wednesday (grades 5-8): After School GYM CLASS with Mrs. Graves from 3:15-4:00 PM
- Friday (grades K-4): After School GYM CLASS with Mrs. Graves from 3:15-4:00 PM
Spirit Week Special Guest RSVP
We are SO EXCITED to bring back our Special Guest Lunch! Please read the instructions carefully.
Date: Wednesday, January 25
Time: Kindergarten - 4th Grade @ 12:00 PM
5th - 8th Grade @ 11:30 AM
Who can come: Each family will bring ONE special adult guest to have lunch with them. This can be a parent, grandparent, friend, neighbor, or other special friend.
What to bring: The special guest brings lunch with them to share with your student(s)! Whether it's sandwiches, fast food, or something fancier, you'll get a chance to eat and enjoy some time together.
Important to note: Please arrive as close to lunchtime as possible. Lunch is 30 minutes.
What if no one is available to bring lunch to my child? No worries! It happens, and we understand. Note that in the RSVP, and we will connect with you.
What if I have kids in BOTH middle school AND elementary school? Stay for both lunches! Just note that in the RSVP so we can make sure we have enough seats.
If we are limited to one special guest, do I need to find childcare for any younger siblings at home? Nope! Bring them along! Please let us know in the comments so we can make sure there's enough space for them.
Since there are so many of you who haven't done this before, please feel free to reach out to the office, or your child's teacher, with questions.
PARENTS, COME JOIN THE FUN!
Bring your sneakers and some clothes you can sweat a little bit in, because you're going to have some serious fun!
GRADES 5-8 meet WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 25 from 3:15 to 4:00
GRADES K-4 meet FRIDAY, JANUARY 27 from 3:15 to 4:00
We meet in the gym right after school and end at 4. No sweat!
Please LIKE our Facebook Page!
TCS Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/tcskeene
We would LOVE your Christmas Program Photos!
If you have photos to share of either of our Christmas programs, please drop them in our Google Drive! We would love to use them for our Yearbook.
Drop 1st-8th Christmas program photos here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1xteV_pugzV02Nqx8f4f1pBQReJgPloor?usp=sharing
Drop Early Childhood Christmas program photos here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1VU0s-L0iIq1TC3MIQJeuHlaft_9ySpiv?usp=share_link