By: Grace Hornberger & Anna Jackson
what could happen if YOU don't drink enough water?
- dry mouth/dry skin
- sunken eyes
- heat cramps
- heat exhaustion --> heat stroke!
How much should YOU drink??
Health authorities commonly recommend eight 8-ounce glasses, which equals about 2 liters, or half a gallon!
Athletes should be properly hydrated 1-2 days before competition! If you get to the game and are dehydrated then its too late:(
Ways to make sure you are drinking enough!
- bring a marked water bottle along with you all day
- drink when you are thirsty
- make sure you are drinking throughout the day, not just at once!
- be aware of where water fountains are