NPPS Communications Update
Tina Smith - January 2020
For Internal Use Only
The goal of this publication is to communicate district-level initiatives with you monthly. We ask that this only be shared with district employees as you see fit.
And We Are Off ~
So far, 2020 has taken off quickly and speedily.
This month I have had the chance to host one of our student interns in the communications department. Several of you have met Shelby Berglund and even allowed her into your school to take photos. I much appreciate this as these photos will help enhance our media outlets moving forward. She still has several schools to visit, so if she hasn't stopped by, she will. Shelby took some of the images in this edition.
On the topic of images, I would like to take this time to remind you, Philep Willey, from the high school, is out making videos of each campus. These videos will be used in the Welcome Center, Website, and Social Media. Again, we thank you for your time and participation.
As for me, my month has been busy with meetings, training, press releases, school releases, visits to our schools, and many other fun activities. I will say what I value most is getting to know each of you a little better, understanding your needs, and hearing your excitement for the successes of your students, staff, and families. I commend each of you for the hard work, time, and dedication you offer each and every day. ~ Thank you, you are valued and appreciated!
Updates on the Welcome Center
I found our first meeting to be very helpful and appreciate the engagement of everyone who attended.
Our topics included -
1. Gaining a better understanding of the scope of the project, the needs of our families, technology, facilities, and process.
2. We shared that the Welcome Center will be located in Room 102 of the McKinley Education Center. Our team immediately started to brainstorm on thoughts and ideas, ranging from room design and function to how we can best serve our families with resources.
3. We discussed the next steps and asked members to bring their thoughts and ideas for design needs, publication needs, technology requirements, and any other accommodations that should be considered to our next meeting.
Our next meeting will be held on Monday, February 17, 2020, at 3:45 p.m. in room 102 at McKinley.
4. I will continue to meet with the Executive Team and Directors to discuss updates on the Welcome Center as we continue to move forward.
5. Our anticipated 'Go-Live' date for the center to open is July 1, 2020.
Again, Thank you to the committee:
We did add one more date to the list - February 6. 2020, at the NP Senior Center @ 11:30 a.m.
You can also check out the most up to date information about the initiative on our website @ http://bit.ly/nppssafetyandsecurity.