Published February 3, 2020
Waving Days for Next Year
Video to explain: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-3gsvsb9dRBQts7UqhJfrDXk9AUqf0MI/view
Form to express your opinions: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdBleZnizQU1jF167591OpwWP09vA1ArAUqIcm0i5JlGAWjOA/viewform?usp=sf_link
This Week's Meetings
Monday: Reminder...no faculty circle, monthly sped meeting after school, Parent Article Series at 6pm
Tuesday: Bowles and Kegley at principal meeting (yes, I think it feels like I have them all the time too), KIC team before school, admin team at 7:35 if possible, science vertical team after school
Wednesday: Team leader after school
Thursday: Office staff meeting at 10:45
Friday: Bowles leaving at dismissal--I have class this weekend, Bowles out in AM for CASE data meeting with MS principals, district visiting Bally to create a video about our Google Sites
Faculty Meetings (Circles and Vertical)
February: Vertical Meetings at scheduled times
March: Vertical Meetings ALL ON ONE DAY--purpose is SBG school calibration (March 12)
April: Vertical Meetings ALL ON ONE DAY--purpose is scheduling/room assignments (April 16)
MAY: Vertical Meetings at scheduled times
2020 Planning Meetings (1, 2, 5, 7)
February 5: Writing an Extended Response PD (both plans) Implement in the cores the week of the 10-14.
February 12: Behavior PLC
February 18: Extended Response SWOT
February 19: Unit Planning (everyone attends)
February 20: Unit Planning (everyone attends)
February 25: Unit Planning (everyone attends)
February 27: Unit Planning (everyone attends)
March 3: Calibrate a 1
March 4: Calibrate a 2
March 5: Calibrate a 3
March 10, 11, 12: Fine-tuning SBG
March 17: Behavior PLC
March 18, 19: Unit Planning (everyone attends)
March 24, 26: Unit Planning (everyone attends)
April 1: Behavior PLC
April 2, 15, 16, 21, 22, 23, 28, 30: Unit Planning (everyone attends)
Hold for anything K-Prep or end of year related
Vertical Team PLCs Goals
- Monthly, bring and analyze student work that shows evidence of writing that matches the unit expectations. Calibrate thinking on what constitutes a 1, 2, and 3.
- Create a school writing plan focusing on one component of the plan each month. Begin with the school writing policy.
- Complete CUBES word problems 4 times per week and complete 1 written writing prompt per unit explaining how to correctly solve a math problem with appropriate vocabulary.
- At least weekly, use CASE question bank to administer checks to maintain rigor of priority standards/calibrate.
- Implementation of 3D instruction as evidenced in lesson plans.
- Collaboratively write summative assessments that measure mastery of disciplinary core ideas through the practices and cross-cutting concepts.
- Monthly, bring and analyze student work that shows evidence of inquiry practices. Calibrate thinking on what constitutes a 1, 2, and 3. (QFT, DBQ, extended response, because, but, so).
- Discussion of the CASE data analysis.
- Eye-opening to look at writing for another grade.
- Discussion about science collaborating with the math teachers to emphasize the math for the unit that's also used in science.
- Need to practice timed writing. Kids are not handling timed writings well.
- Need to practice giving kids a set amount of space to put their answer in.
- Work skills report--will do like we did last year though Google Form.
- Behavior adjustments to make: Full school reward, visiting classrooms to unveil new BF, adjusting points
- Teams need to identify what they would like the PTSO to purchase for them this year
- ipads and doc cameras are ordered for those who requested them
- Based on CASE data, going to begin giving kids CASE questions to dissect and answer weekly and score together.
- Also looking for other ways to up the rigor into the DOK 2 and 3 levels.