How to draw a variety of illusions
Draw the wavy cross in every square.
Choose three colours and colour the triangles: one colour for the bottom triangles of the squares, another colour for the left triangles and a third colour for the triangles on the right. The upper triangle in a square is always white. This is the foamy head of the wave!
To finish: Cut a slightly wavy line on the left, right and bottom of the drawing. Cut a strip of the upper triangles away. Paste the work 'wavy' on a coloured sheet.
1. Use #2 pencil.
Draw 9+ vertical waves. Alter space and curves.
Waves should not cross.
2. Draw a simple wave across.
3. Use thin Sharpie.
Draw upward curves above the middle wave.
Draw downward curves below the middle wave.
Every next curve starts at a previous line.
Alter the distance between the curves.
4. Complete the entire section.
5. Complete the entire design. Erase the 'across' wave.
6. Color each section gradating color from dark to light to dark.
7. Use an analogous color and apply same gradation pattern.
8. Add another analogous color or repeat the first one.
9. Use different colors for the next section.
This is how you color:
shade full strength - leaving a small area in the middle
| || |
use black or a darker color to blend the sides of the shape.
You can also get creative and use complimentary colors to emphasize an area or keep it all analogous colors, or just color it the way you feel like.