The Wright Review
2015 - 2016 Third Grade Weekly News
Happy Veteran's Day!
Capture the Flag Relay
Veterans and Freaky Fridays
What a busy week! Here is a quick break down:
- GENIUS HOUR! We just finished our second Genius Hour. Today we mostly practiced using our Google Drives. They also were able to surf the web and find different websites to support their inquiries.
- Math: We finished Unit 4! They kids understanding of Multiplication has grown exponentially.
- Writing: As much as I would've liked to move into Research Writing, we really needed another week in Narratives. We have a few still typing, but we are ready to move forward!
- Reading: Red, Green and Yellow! How does a reader ask a question? This week, we spent a lot of time learning open-ended questions and how to take our answers to a new level.
Scholastic Book Orders
If you would like to order books for your child through scholastic's website, please click on the link above. Checks can still be sent to the classroom and I will mail the orders.
Here is a look into next week:
- Math:Place Values in Whole Numbers and Decimals
- Reading: Points of View and Asking Questions
- Writing: Research Writing - mostly using our Genius Hour information
- Grammar: Dependent and Independent Clauses
- Science/Social Studies: Ecosystems
- STEM Night: November 18th
- Superheroes Day: November 20th
- Thanksgiving Break: Nov. 25-29th (NO SCHOOL)
- OLSAT Testing (3rd Grade): December 7th