Mrs. Bryer's Newsletter
October 22, 2012
Field Trip Need to Knows
- We will be leaving first thing Wednesday morning.
- If your child is packing a lunch, make sure everything is disposable. Putting it in a gallon size ziploc keeps everything together. Please label with your child's name.
- Your child should wear their Greens Prairie t-shirt, comfortable shorts/pants, and tennis shoes. We will be doing a lot of walking.
- Please still pack your child a water bottle to leave in the classroom. When we return, they will be tired and thirsty!
- If you are meeting us there, we will arrive at 9:30.
Pumpkin Carving Time
This week your child will be bringing home a book. These are A-Z Readers that I am able to copy. It allows us to highlight and work in the books before taking them home. We have worked together studying the picture clues and practicing reading together and individually. Your child has memorized this book. This is beginning reading! Please encourage them to read the book to everyone! Reinforce sliding their finger under each word. Beginning reading is knowing that sets of letters make up words and when you run out of words, you stop reading.
Family Book Fair Dinner and Games
Red Ribbon Week
Tuesday- wear GREEN (change due to 3rd grade musical)
Wednesday- wear western clothes (kinder dress for the field trip)
Thursday- wear RED, WHITE, and BLUE
Friday- wear your favorite team shirt, jersey, or GP shirt