Pinewood Derby / Walk-a-thon
Saturday April 9th - Pinewood Derby
9 am - 10 am - - Morning car check in
- Turn in your car and you can leave til racetime.
It will be weighed and measured: Nothing over 5 oz will be accepted. Wheels need to fit on track.
- PLEASE NOTE THE NEW CHECK IN PROCEDURE - We are starting a new rule this year that cars must be checked in early. Between 9-10am. you may leave after checking in car and return for race time. WE CANNOT ACCEPT LAST MINUTE CARS. We are hoping this will prevent last minute entries and ease up technologies of race software.
1pm - 3pm-ish --- Race time
- 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place trophies for each grade.
- 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place trophies for "Hands Off" - boys making cars with no parents
- 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place trophies Overall - all winners stay for overall race. We are allowing Hands Off to race in overall this year. There is a 2 foot tall trophy for 1st place overall.
- Creative awards we voted for: like Coolest, Funniest, Best Overall. We ask In the spirit of good sportsman ship to NOT vote for your own car.
- I cannot give you a start time for grades as it all depends on how many cars we get.
- Each car races 4 times - one time on each lane. Your score is average of each, as this ensures each lane is even.
Please bring a desert if you can- cookies, brownies, etc.
We will have water, and salty snacks.
Join Walk-a-thon for one of our own:
Hello all -
As some of you may know one of our own families, the Sootins have been helped by this charity. Their son Adam, in 5th grade, is in remission from cancer. Julie was a den leader and the Dave still helps with building the derby. They are chairing the walk this year.
So please consider coming out to support this effort. I have made a team "Armonk Scouts" for us all to walk together. Or if you can't make the walk, you can make a donation online...
SunriseWALKS - Pearl River
June 5, 2016
Community Chairs: Julie & Dave Sootin and Rachel & Matt Milim
The event will be held at the
Rosenthal JCC (Pleasantville, NY)
600 Bear Ridge Road
Pleasantville, NY 10570
Registration begins at 8:30 AM
Complimentary breakfast provided
Children (12 and younger) = $10
Adults = $20
Walk begins at 9:00 AM
1.8 mile walk
through The Estates off of Bear Ridge Road
Finish Line Celebration begins at 10:00 AM
Celebration with music, carnival rides and games, face painting,
food trucks, refreshments and more!
If you cannot attend the walk, bracelets for carnival activities will be available for $20/person
June TBD : end year fishing derby / picnic / honor court
Family Camping Weekend (Jun 3-5, 2016) One time a year Cubs and families can camp at Durland. A great event. If you are interested please contact me. firstname.lastname@example.org.
I am trying to find outmoreinformation on this. District has not published anything yet.
Enroll as "Westchester - Muscoot - Pack 94 member- ' You will receive a discount
CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION
Westchester Scout Camps -
Nova Science Day Camp at Iona Preparatory School
STEM activities include Environmental Science, Engineering, Astronomy, and Paleontology.
Adirondack Adventures at Read Scout Reservation
Sleep-Away Camp for Cubs with or without their Parent. Sample the complete array of Outdoor Adventures offered at Camp Read. Cub Resident Camp offers your Cub or Webelo an opportunity to grow and gain independence. Buddy Camp provides parents the opportunity to spend a few days or an entire week of special time with their son at camp. Activities for both programs include:
* Archery * BB-Gun range * Horseback Riding * Boating & Swimming
* Hiking * Nature Study
One week only: August 7 - 13. Fees include: accommodations (2-person canvas-walled platform tent), excellent prepared meals, program items and materials.
More info Here:
1st grade Tiger Den - Rich Radonis and John McNulty & Charles Silby
3rd Grade Den - Paul Lashment
4th Grade Den - Nils Lunde & Tony Rippy
5th Grade Den & treasurer - Cheryl Miceli
Cub Pack Master - Ellen Dedmandedman.email@example.com