By: Clayton Kimball
Summaries of Chapters
2. All animals gather in the barn as Major says a rebellion needs to occur soon.
3. The animals learn the song "Beasts of England"
4. The animals begin to think of the revolution
2. Under leadership from the pigs they begin to prepare for the rebellion.
3. The rebellion sneaks up on them faster than expected
4. The pigs come up with Seven Commandments:
1. Whatever goes upon two legs is an enemy.
2. Whatever goes upon four legs, or has wings, is a friend.
3. No animal shall wear clothes.
4. No animal shall sleep in a bed.
5. No animal shall drink alcohol.
6. No animal shall kill any other animal.
7. All animals are equal.
2. They have weekly planning meetings in the bar.
3. Snowball puts the commandments into smaller words because not everyone could read
4. One day the milk disappears
2. Mr. Jones's neighbors try and take back the farm by force
3. Animals from far away begin singing"Beasts of England"
4. Led by Snowball they fight off invaders in the Battle of Cowshed
2. Napoleon says animals should focus on food
3. The dogs chase Snowball form the farm
4. they decide to build the windmill and say it was Napoleon's idea the whole time
2. Napoleon sets up the neighboring farms for trade
3. The pigs begin sleeping in the house
4. The windmill is knocked down due to storm and is blamed on Snowball.
2. Napoleon starts an investigation
3. a meeting is held to confess about Snowball
4. All the animals that say something are ripped up by the dogs
2. The animals do not like either of the farmers Napoleon wants to trade with
3. Frederick is declared an enemy of the farm
4. Frederick gives Napoleon fake money
2. Boxer gets ill
3. Napoleon lies and send Boxer to a slaughter house instead of a hospital
4. Squealer lies and calms them down
2. Though no animal is ruled by a human
3. All the commandments are erased
4. The name is changed back to Manor Farm and there is only one commandment left.