Grand Blanc High School
Newsletter ~ August 2021
Upcoming Events: August and September
Welcome Back Grand Blanc!
8/10 - Yearbook Pick-Up (See details below)
8/16-8/18- Student Orientation
8/16-8/18 - High School Main Office CLOSED
8/23- Opening Day
8/23- Make-up Orientation/Open House
8/27- Buildings Closed
8/30- Students First Day
9/2 - School Pictures Make-Up Day
9/3-9/6- Labor Day (Buildings Closed)
9/22- Powder Puff Football
9/24- Homecoming (Half Day)
9/25- Homecoming Dance
This link will take you to Mr. Fray's Welcome Back to School letter as well as the Student Orientation Schedule.
- 10:00 am - 11:30 am: Students with last name A-B
- 11:30 am - 1:00 pm: Students with last name C-D
- 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm: Students with last name E-F
- 4:30 pm - 6:00 pm: Students with last name G-H
Tuesday August 17, 2021 (Tartoni Gym)
- 10:00 am - 11:30 am: Students with last name I-K
- 11:30 am - 1:00 pm: Students with last name K-L
- 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm: Students with last name M-N
- 4:30 pm - 6:00 pm: Students with last name O-Q
Wednesday August 18, 2021 (Tartoni Gym)
- 10:00 am - 11:30 am: Students with last name R-S
- 11:30 am - 1:00 pm: Students with last name T-U
- 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm: Students with last name V-W
- 4:30 pm - 6:00 pm: Students with last name X-Z
Monday August 23, 2021
- Make-Up orientation 4:00 pm - 7:00 pm, All grades 9-12 (East Cafeteria)
GBHS Open House: 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm All Grades 9-12 (Both Campuses)
- Students can walk their schedules and meet their teachers.
Freshman Information Meeting: All freshman Students & Parents Welcome (Auditorium)
- 5:00 pm - Students with last names A-L
- 6:00 pm - Students with last names M-Z
Follow the orientation website link to find helpful back-to-school information including bus schedules, school picture packages, building maps, and more!
Grand Blanc Community Schools 2021-2022 Official School Calendar.
GBHS 2022 Yearbook
Seniors and Parents of Seniors
- Photos are due Tuesday, October 26.
- For more information, click this link.
- Plan ahead with your own photographer or use our school photographer, Prestige, for a free 15-minute sitting on site at HS East, and a free yearbook photo.
- To sign up for your session with Prestige, click this link, select school and select session, and then choose from available times on September 11 or 18.
- Check out this list of local photographers you can work with for a senior portrait in their studio space - costs will vary.
Senior College Applications and Financial Aid
Parents of seniors! Please look through the following information regarding college applications and the financial aid. The college application process can be overwhelming, and as always, the counselors are available to answer any questions you may have. Please let us know what we can do to help you or your student.
This links you to a document from our Counseling Department. It includes many important items to consider as you begin college planning.
Follow the link to a very informative slide show, created by your Counseling Department, with information regarding college planning.
Start your senior year off right! Follow this link to a 2021-22 calendar of all the important senior events and activities.
Information from Student Dining Services
NATIONAL SCHOOL LUNCH PROGRAM – SEAMLESS SUMMER OPTION LETTER TO HOUSEHOLDS
Dear Parent or Guardian:
We are pleased to inform you that Grand Blanc Community School District will be participating in the Seamless Summer Option as part of the National School Lunch and School Breakfast Programs for the School Year 2021-2022.
The GREAT NEWS is that ALL students enrolled at our school can receive a healthy breakfast and lunch at NO CHARGE to your household each day.
We still need your household to fill out and sign the Free and Reduced-Price Meal Application. This information is critical in determining the amount of money that our school receives from a variety of State and Federal supplemental programs like Title I A, At-risk (31a), Title II A, E-Rate, etc.
These supplemental programs have the potential to offer supports and services for our students including, but not limited to:
- Instructional supports (staff, supplies & materials, etc.)
- Non-instructional services (counseling, social work, health services, etc.)
- Professional Learning for staff
- Parent and Community engagement supplies and activities
We are asking that you please complete and submit it as soon as possible to ensure that additional funding for our school is available to meet the needs of our students. All information on the application submitted is confidential. Without your assistance in completing and returning the attached application, our school cannot maximize the use of available State and Federal funds.
If we can be of any further assistance, please contact us at Grand Blanc Dining Service
(810) 591-6675 or (810) 591-6928.
Karen Smith, Director of Dining Service
Grand Blanc Community Schools
TO COMPLETE YOUR LUNCH APPLICATION Lunchapp.com
College Board Accounts: 9th-11th Grade
A College Board account is required of all students. If you do not have a College Board account set up, please do so at www.collegeboard.org . The student needs to be the one to set this up. Do not set up a second account. This account is needed for PSAT9, PSAT10, and SAT review, score viewing, and score sending to colleges. Please keep your login and password somewhere where you can find it as needed. These accounts are sometimes used during class time. If you already set up an account and cannot remember your login and password information, please call College Board at 1-866-756-7346. Staff do not have access to students information.
Grade Specific Google Classrooms!
Please accept your invitation to the classroom TODAY!
GBHS now has Grade Specific Google Classrooms. These classrooms contain announcements, messages from counseling and graduation requirement assignments. We want to share with you, specifically what we are including in the classrooms.
Each class has a Stream. The Stream contains: Counseling messages, event announcements and notifications, student activity announcements, information relative to grade.
Classwork: Each class has assignments that are either state mandated, district required or both. These assignments are graduation requirements and are tracked outside of the typical classroom.
Here are current assignments for each grade level and their due dates. Included is a summary of the mandatory assignments/content in each classroom. The structure of each classroom is the same, it is the content that changes and is grade-specific.