First Grade Step Up Day!
Today was Step Up Day! Kindergarten was split into 2 groups to visit our classrooms from 9-10:30 a.m.
- We read “Hooray for Wodney Wat” and discussed the feelings of the mouse in the story and how it relates to coming to First Grade and getting along with others. We also discussed supporting each other and working together to have more fun!
- Each student made a special snack: mice from strawberries, licorice, and chocolate chips!
- We made a STEM Tower with Toothpicks and marshmallows! Students worked in small groups to create a tower together. We came up with some really neat designs!
- Since reading is key in First Grade, students created Shel Silverstein bookmarks to take home and start using as they read more and more this year!
- We completed a Magic Potion experiment! Students used baking soda, vinegar, a bit of dish soap, and food coloring. We observed what happened as we added the different ingredients. Students wrote about and illustrated what they observed happening in the cups!!
- Our first grade students made gift bags for the Kindergartners, filled with some of their favorite activities of our year so far!
We had such a fun time working with your children today!! The kids were really excited to share and learn with us!
Please let us know if you have any questions & enjoy the pictures below!
Miss Monteiro & Mrs. Garritt :)