Mrs. Lamparter's Class
February 14th, 2014
Happy Birthday to Kailyn, Stephen, Vince, and Garret who celebrated birthdays this week! Just think you got snow for your birthday! I hope everyone enjoyed our extended winter break and hope all were able to stay home and enjoy some family time. Parent/Teacher conferences are coming up soon. Students will have early release days on February 26th & 27th. Please sign up online: www.ptcfast.com/reg1. Your entry code is BUV119203.
The Sweetheart luncheon has been rescheduled for Monday, February 17th from 10:45- 11:10 a.m. I hope you can join your child for this special event. Remember to send in your valentines and container on Monday for our valentine exchange.
We are working on:
- * Building sight word vocabulary- W.O.W. Study- our new words this coming week are: make, be, all, down, from
- * Knowing letter sounds and blending sounds together to make words
- * Focusing on reading words with a short vowel in the middle
- * Working on producing rhyming words
- * Counting, blending, and segmenting syllables
- * Learning to find the "evidence" in a text to support or explain the author's thinking
- * Focusing on a close read of "Penguins" to reinforce features of Non-fiction text and dig deeper into the text
- * Learning to write a persuasive or opinion story and phonetically spelling words to write a story
- * Working independently in Daily Five centers to become better readers, writers, and spellers
We are working on:
- * Counting by fives, tens and ones to 100!!
- * Composing and decomposing numbers 11-19
- * Representing addition and subtraction with objects, mental images, drawings, expressions, and equations
- * Building combinations of 5
- * Recognizing and knowing the value of coins; penny, nickel, dime, quarter, and the dollar bill
- * Counting forward beginning from a given number in sequence
- * Writing numbers and counting sets to 20
- * 1-1 correspondence
- * Comparing sets- more, less, same
- * Using our Math tools- the rekenrek and number line
- * Working on problem solving skills
- * Using "number talks" to explain our math thinking
- * The Sweetheart Luncheon for our class has been rescheduled for Monday, February 17th from 10:45- 11:10 a.m.
- * Bring in your valentine containers and valentines onMonday, February 17th for our valentine exchange.
- * Spring picture day is Wednesday, February 19. Class pictures will be taken. Individual pictures will only be taken of students that pre-order them. To order a class picture or an individual picture visit BPI's website.
- * Please sign up for parent/teacher conferences online: www.ptcfast.com/reg1. Your entry code is BUV119203
- * Bingo Night is Friday, February 21st
- * Please turn in the reading logs for the Six Flags Read to Succeed program by Friday, February 27th!