Party in a Box: Seesaw
Student Driven Digital Portfolios
M-5, M-6, M-7, M-9, M-10
It’s a beach party in a box! Drop in for everything you need to get started with one of our Go-To Tools and Resources. Visit the Cool Tools Playground website, view the tutorials, play with the tool, and brainstorm ways to use it in class. Linger in one session or surf through several. Each room is hosted by a colleague who can answer your questions and help you navigate the resource.
What's it for and why would I want to use it?
Seesaw, an online digital portfolio, empowers students to independently document their learning and provides an audience for their work—their peers, parents, or the world.
STRENGTHEN CONNECTIONS BETWEEN SCHOOL AND HOME
CAPTURE STUDENT LEARNING IN ANY FORM
Use with students
- Students can “show what they know” using photos, videos, drawings, text, PDFs, and links. You can also import directly from most popular apps.
- Seesaw helps capture the learning process, not just the end result. Students can use Seesaw's built-in audio recording, drawing and caption tools to reflect on what they've learned or explain how they got their answer.
- Seesaw Blogs are a simple way to share a selection of work from students’ Seesaw portfolios on a public class blog, giving students a broader, global audience for their learning.
Create an account at https://web.seesaw.me/
After creating your account (can use your google sign in), you can decide if you want your kids to login with a QR Code or with their emails. Then you'll start manually adding your students' names.
- Add a post (video, text, picture) for your whole class to see or just certain students.
- Sign up for a classroom blog. Seesaw Blogs are a simple way to share a selection of student work from your class on a public blog on the Internet. You can provide a password too!
- Turn on Family Access so they can connect to their child’s learning!
- Take a look of the tons of recorded tutorials to find out ways to implement SeeSaw in your classroom!