Inspire Family Newsletter
News and updates for families of Inspire students
November 20, 2020
Dear Inspire Families:
I don’t know about y’all, but in the midst of this constant change, I am craving the familiar. For me, and the other Inspire teachers who've been here a while, Dylan Wiliam is a familiar name. For ten years, he was our guru for in-house professional development. Informed by his work, we strived to create “a culture where all teachers try to evaluate and improve their practice.” That culture of continual improvement reaches beyond the classroom, and extends to non-teaching staff who consistently reflect on their effectiveness and work to get better.
This year represents that cycle of improvement, but on a maddeningly rapid scale. We have had to reinvent learning--creating and implementing improvements, not just unit-to-unit and year-to-year, but moment-to-moment. I am hoping that this next week allows us the opportunity to step back and see what we have accomplished together, with families as partners, and students engaged and patient and learning.
Rest and restore your souls. Giving thanks for all of you.
NO SCHOOL NEXT WEEK: Happy Thanksgiving!
Messages from the Main Office
The office is open from 8-4 Monday through Friday.
If the gate is locked, please try both sides before calling the office.
- Please have your student check in with their 4th period teacher to see if they need anything.
- You do not need an appointment to pick up or drop off materials for classes.
- However, if you need to exchange a laptop, a Chromebook or other equipment, please call the office beforehand.
Though students are not on campus, attendance is mandatory for both your classes and Friday afternoon Advisory.
Distance Learning Attendance Expectations:
- Teachers will track attendance for the duration of class.
- Students are required to log in, on time, at the beginning of each period and remain logged in until excused.
- If a student cannot make a class period, a parent/guardian must call or email attendance as usual.
- Students should stay in communication with their teachers.
If a student:
- is late, a tardy will be recorded.
- is absent, an absence will be recorded.
- logs off early or is otherwise unresponsive, they may receive a cut/absence.
We understand this is a challenging time and that things will not always go well, but we ask that you respect the schedule, and the time and effort that has gone into making this work. Allowances for tech issues and connectivity will be made on a case by case basis, please call or email the office if you are having issues.
To leave a message on the Attendance Line please call (530) 891-3133.
Emails can be sent to email@example.com
More information HERE.
Inspire’s School-wide Gala 2021: We Got This!
Help start 2021 off right!!! Be a part of Inspire’s School-wide Gala: We Got This!
It will look a little different this year, but the excitement and energy will be overflowing as usual with your contributions. There are a number of ways you can participate:
- Submit a performance or presentation for the Virtual Gala.
- Work with a club or class project to create a performance or presentation submission for the Virtual Gala.
- Submit an idea for a live demo during the drive-through dinner and dessert event.
- [COVID permitting – we will rotate through 16 presentations in four locations to ensure social distancing.]
- Volunteer the day of the event to decorate, deliver dinners and desserts, or greet cars.
A full description of the event is within the document: Gala Student Application Form
Pictures we are looking for:
- Your student in their workspace, something your student made/changed/did during Distance Learning
- Their favorite quarantine hobby, your student with their pets, your student in their masks, your student doing "summery" things over break
- Your student with their favorite Starbucks or Dutch drink, your student & their favorite costumes, your student and the election (casting your ballot, registering to vote, working the polls), activities over break, your student as an activist,
- OR ANY OTHERS OF YOUR STUDENT THIS YEAR!!!
Here are ways to participate:
- Use the app HJeShare (school code 16210) to upload photos
- Use hjeshare.com (school code 16210) to upload photos
- Email photos to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tag photos with #2021InspireYBK on Instagram
- Answer questions asked on instagram @inspireyearbook
- Buy your book on yearbookordercenter.com (school code 16210)
Click HERE to learn more about Yearbook.
Cozy Up This Fall Inspire Style!
Get your Inspire “i” Blanket, black plush fleece with a purple embroidered “i” TODAY!
Blankets have arrived and will be available the Monday after your purchase. Purchase online HERE!
- $25 minimum donation (Comes with a clear storage bag) + $5 shipping and handling anywhere in the US. Contact us for international rates.
- If you purchase 4 blankets you will receive 2 free tickets to our next live dance event!
- After purchase, blankets can be picked up at the Inspire Office (the Monday after purchase) or shipped directly to your home for an additional fee.
Need to talk to about their schedule?
In need of emotional support?
Let us help!
Office Hours: Mon – Fri 8:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m.
Tasha Teeter -students last names beginning A-K
Marcus Hopkins – students last names beginning L-Z
NEW CAMPUS UPDATE
Click here to register.
RESERVE YOUR FEATHER ON THE DONOR WALL
In an effort to raise the money needed to rebuild and relocate, Inspire School of Arts & Sciences is building a donor wall at the new school to feature metal engraved feathers so you can make a lasting legacy for the future Inspire students and staff.
- 15" Feather - $1000
- 12" Feather - $500
- 9" Feather - $250
Reserve your feather here. You will be asked what you would like engraved on both lines - don't worry, you can update this anytime in the next two years by calling the Inspire Foundation at (530) 999-2882. Feathers have limited quantities. All donor recognition is subject to the approval of the Inspire School of Arts & Sciences Foundation Board. All donors will be listed on the capital campaign page unless anonymous.
WHO YOU GONNA CALL?
- Call and leave a message at (530) 891-3133 or
- email email@example.com
For general questions, or material appointments:
- Call the front office at (530) 891-3090
For technology assistance:
- Call or email Ken Hardy
- (530) 891-3090 x209 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To speak with your child's teacher:
- Call or email by visiting the "Staff" page on our Inspire website.
To speak with the Principal/Superintendent:
- Call (530) 230-7758 or email email@example.com