Partee General News
Partee Elementary Parent Newsletter - March 2023
3/1-3/10 - Book Fair
3/6 - Exceptional Children's Week
3/9 - Georgia Milestones Parent Meeting and Special Education Parent Meeting @ 6:00 pm
3/10 - PTA Movie Night
3/11 - Saturday School
3/17 - Digital Learning Day #4 (students learn from home)
3/18 - Saturday School
3/20 - iMOM Meeting @ 8:00 am
3/20-3/24 - Read Across America Week
3/23 -Local School Council
3/31 - Boosterthon Fun Run Main Event
3/31 - Career Day
It's hard to believe that it is March. Where has the time gone. The next few months will be very busy. Please see below for important information about our special fundraiser, Career Day, and The Georgia Milestones Assessment. Let's finish the year strong!!!
Boosterthon Kick-Off - March 23rd
We are excited to announce this year’s Fun Run Fundraiser!
- The Fun Run program is a two-week experience where students and families will learn important character lessons and are invited to help Partee by sharing about our fundraiser with family and friends.
- At the end of the program, all students will participate in the Big Fun Run event where they will complete 30 - 35 laps of running, walking, and dancing!
- Our program kicks off in just a few weeks, so get excited to get moving and help our school raise funds! More details coming soon!
- Thanks for your support—here’s to a GREAT event!
Georgia Milestones Assessment (GMAS)
- Students in 3rd-5th grade will take the Georgia Milestones Assessment this year.
- The purpose of this assessment is to measure student achievement of the grade level standards and inform efforts to improve teaching and learning.
- Results from the assessment are utilized to identify students failing to achieve mastery of content and to provide us with feedback about our instructional practices.
- The Georgia Milestone testing window opens on April 24th. The Georgia Milestones EOG Schedule for 3rd-5th grade is attached below.
- Please click on the link below to access Study/Resource Guides for the Georgia Milestones. These guides are intended to serve as a resource for parents and students.
PTA Movie Night
We are excited to offer an opportunity for Partee ES families to come out and enjoy a movie night with the community on March 10th from 6pm-745pm.
Our movie will be "Minions - The Rise of Gru" and the entrance fee for an entire family is a donation of $5 or more! The donation allows entrance.
Capacity is set at the first 150 donation registrations!
Concessions for purchase will be: pizza, beverages, cookies, chips and a couple of other goodies.
Campaign - https://parteepta.memberhub.gives/minions
Text-to-Donate - text "minions" to 919-626-3277
Note: We ask that outside food NOT be brought into the school for this event. We've got you covered! If there are any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
Educational Effectiveness Family Survey
March 10th SEL Day: Wear a shirt with a positive a message!
March 31st Career Day : Various career representatives will be speaking to our students about their career
If a student is out of school, please send a letter stating why they were out. If they go to the doctor, please provide us with the school excuse when they return to school.
Student Attendance Protocol
Partee's School Counselor
March is Read Across America Month! All month long we will be celebrating literacy and there are multiple ways to enjoy reading this month!
- The Book Fair is happening right now and continues through 12pm on Friday, March 10th. Parents are always welcome in the Book Fair. We are open until 4pm Monday - Thursday (Keep in mind we close briefly during dismissal)
- If you purchased a "Cool Kids Are Reading" T-shirt - wear your t-shirt every Tuesday in March to show how much you LOVE reading!
- Literacy Week is March 20th - 24th . See the chart below for our special dress up days that week.
The Family Engagement Center
Please feel free to reach out to me with any concerns or questions. Come by the Family Engagement Center to get items for you to use with your student at home.
Ms. Deborah Bridges
Family and Community Engagement Coordinator
Parent Outreach Liaison
Partee Elementary School
Thank you for all the clinic donations thus far. It is greatly appreciated. We are always in need of supplies. If you would like to donate to the clinic, you can go to My Payment Plus and click Partee ES Clinic Supply Contribution. Thank you in advance.
Asthma and Allergies
Asthma and allergies are different conditions, but they often go together. Severe allergies can trigger an asthma attack.
The same substances that trigger your child's allergy symptoms can also cause asthma signs and symptoms. Common allergy-related triggers in Georgia are:
- Dust mites
- Pet dander
- Roaches and pests
Some of these allergies and asthma triggers, such as pollen, are seasonal. Others can cause symptoms year-round. You can reduce your child’s symptoms by avoiding your child’s exposure to allergens whenever possible.
Do you suspect your child suffers from allergies along with asthma?
- Request allergy testing to help identify specific allergies.
- Keep all windows closed and use air conditioning during pollen season.
- Know when the pollen count is high and consider treating your child’s allergies before symptoms start.
Most treatments are designed to treat either asthma or allergies, but a few treatments help with both conditions. Ask your child's doctor for more information, and to see if allergy shots might help.
Spring will be here before you know it, if your child has Asthma, and it flares up when the seasons change, please ensure to fill out the corresponding Health Management Plan and provide medication to treat your child accordingly. Medication should not be sent in with student. Please feel free to call the clinic at 678-344-4406, if you have any questions. Thank you.