New Scheme Teacher Meeting Term 3
Valley Schools Learning Community NST Network Meeting
About the Valley Schools Learning Community NST Network
In 2012, the VSLC New Scheme Teacher Network was formed. This network is open to permanent, temporary and casual teachers within the Valley Schools' LMG. The group works collaboratively and involves teachers in varying stages of their accreditation process.
Executive staff support teachers, provide guidance and give advice relating to the accreditation process. New faces are always welcome! If you can't make this event, we meet every term in Week 3.
Valley Schools Learning Community NST Network Meeting - Ourimbah Public School
Thursday, Aug. 1st, 3:30-5pm
121 Pacific Highway
The meeting will take place in the library
Afternoon tea from 3:30pm for a 3:45pm start
- Introduction of new faces - all welcome
- Replacement of Jobs@DET with Jobs.NSW
- Useful resources when applying for advertised positions
Divide into two groups
- Group 1 ~ Working towards accreditation: samples and advice relating to accreditation and choosing the best evidence for the standards (please bring any samples you would like help annotating)
- Group 2 ~ Maintenance: logging professional learning hours and access to registered hours via the Classroom Teacher Program; begin two hours of registered hours through the course 'Using NAPLAN Data to inform your teaching and learning'. Work through the module collaboratively with other NSTs.
- ** NEW FOR TERM 3 ONLY ** Group 3 ~ An introduction to the accreditation process. An overview of timelines and guidelines. Interns can see examples of accreditation and a matrix and find out what they need areas they need to work towards in their first year of teaching.
You can RSVP to this event via MyPL@edu by Tuesday 30th July 2013.
Course code: NR03611 or Event ID: 64289
Link to MyPL@edu:
If you are an intern at a school, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please feel free to invite other interns that you think may be interested in attending.