Neil Armstrong Elementary
Dr. Stevenson's Weekly News- Spring Break and Week 27
Here are some updates from this past week and some news regarding Spring Intersession and Spring Break:
- Happy birthday on Friday March 27th to Jodi Hanson and Bonnie Thomas!
- Check out the YouTube short video at the bottom of this newsletter. What are you doing DAILY to make sure we "check poverty at the door" for our students?
- Spring intersession went very well. Our numbers were high and I think for future sessions (assuming we continue as is with balanced calendar) we plan for each morning and afternoon class to have a maximum of 25 and not 20 students for materials. We have situations that require us to move kids around at the last minute at times and we need to be flexible to accommodate those changes. We had about 8 students show up on Monday that were not registered and it was a struggle to make that work and we turned some away because of materials.
- Behavior Data Team will meet on Tuesday before school as well as the PBIS/CICO committee on Wednesday morning before school. Danielle will share out more information about agendas prior to then.
- We will have a PBIS assembly on Friday March 27th from 2-3 p.m. in the gym for all K-5. The PTA has graciously offered to pay for this guest speaker.
- Measles shots will be given at BHS from 7:30-8:30 and 3:30-4:30 on Thursday March 26th if you need one.
- Site visit guests will be here from 11:30-3 on Monday March 30th and 8:30-1:30 on Tuesday March 31st.
- If you are interested in the BCSF Spelling Bee or Lip Sync, please let me know.
- If you plan to attend the PTA Trivia Night on March 27th, please get your table reservation in as soon as you can.
Monday March 23
(I will be out of the office)
9:40 5th grade collaboration meeting
10:40 4th grade collaboration meeting
12:45 1st grade collaboration meeting
1:45 Kindergarten collaboration meeting
6:00 School board meeting
Tuesday March 24
7:45 Behavior Data Team
8:00 Adrianna Love pre-observation meeting
8:35 2nd grade collaboration meeting
10:45 3rd grade collaboration meeting
Lunch "time" Dr. Schutte will be in the break room for Cookies and Conversation
2:00 PK-12 technology planning meeting
3:30 IEP w/Jodi & Kathy Fry
Wednesday March 25
7:45 NA PBIS/CICO meeting
8:00 Lauren Frye pre-observation meeting
9:40 Tier III meeting with Tisha, Leslie, Carrie, Jenni and Lisa in conference room
11:45 NA Core Team meeting w/Danielle, Lori, Anne, Barb, and Christy
6:00 NA Book Club (see Colleen Gould for address details)
Thursday March 26
8:00 Title/AI/RR collaboration meeting
9:40 Lauren Frye formal observation
12:45 Adrianna Love formal observation
2:00 PK collaboration meeting
6:30 NA PTA meeting
Friday March 27
7:45 NA/AEA monthly special education meeting w/Jodi, Chuck, Brooke, Ellen, Peg, Megan, Leslie, and Lisa
9:00 Weekly school counselor meeting with Danielle
10:45 Weekly office staff meeting with Mindy, Kimberly, and Lori
11:00 AEA team visit to NA
2:00 All school bullying assembly in gym
2:30 Weekly instructional coaches' meeting with Jenni and Carrie
6:00 NA PTA Trivia Night fundraiser