December 7, 2014
And the Grinch, with his Grinch-feet ice cold in the snow, stood puzzling and puzzling, how could it be so? It came without ribbons. It came without tags. It came without packages, boxes or bags. And he puzzled and puzzled 'till his puzzler was sore. Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before. What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store? What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more?
Laughter and Fellowship
Food, fun, friends...that sums up our Holiday celebration Friday evening. The clubhouse was a perfect gathering place. The Made for TV gift exchange hit a new level of strategizing. With hints of Survivor shining through, alliances were formed during the gift exchange to make sure the most prized items went home with the 'right' people. Too much fun!
Thank you Sunshine Committee for another wonderful event!
Need to Know...
- In your newsletters, remind parents to have their students check the lost & found for missing items. The inventory is increasing. I'm sure those coats will come in handy over the break. Items remaining after December 19th will be donated to Community Storehouse.
- Our literacy trainer, Brandy Garcia, spent Wednesday on our campus visiting classrooms to observe guided reading groups. She enjoyed her time and shared with me many great things she witnessed in your rooms. Effective guided reading instruction is truly one of the most important tools in our instructional tool bags. Thank you for your work in evolving your gudied reading practices!
Brandy will be back on campus December 10th to do post guided reading observation conferences with teachers. She will not be able to meet with everyone but will do her best to squeeze in as many in as possible.
- Leadership Development Academy Opportunity - The Leadership Development Academy (LDA) provides an in-depth examination of current leadership practices in Keller ISD to ensure a learning organization that attracts, develops, and retains talented leaders at all levels of the organization, reflective of, and responsive to, its student population. LDA is designed to foster a greater understanding and deeper commitment to the motto, mission, vision, and values of our district, foster leadership skills, and build leadership capacity for the future. If you are interested in applying for LDA, please notify me and I will forward an application to you. The deadline for application is December 18th.
- All of the laptops have been claimed but there are still netbooks available.
- Please report computer lab issues to Jessica. She will be our point of contact with tech for repairs in the lab
Staff Calendar Events
December 11, 18 - Faculty Meeting
3:30 in the library
December 16 - Fire Drill
January 5 - Professional Development Day
Location: Bette Perot
Campus Calendar Events
December 8 - 2nd grade Field Trip to Legoland
What a fun way to learn about force & motion!
December 15 & 16 - 3rd grade Field Trip - Waterproof Kids
Keeping our kids safe in the water.
December 11 - Drama/Choir Performance
December 16 - Students In Action
PTA hosts Skating with Santa
Winter Parties at Bette Perot
Visitors joining us for the fun and celebration must present a picture ID when entering the building. Parties are scheduled as follows:
Kinder – 9:40 – 10:40
1st – 1:50 to 2:50
2nd - 1:30 to 2:30
3rd - 1:45 to 2:45
4th – 12:55 to 1:55