SCCS Home Bulletin
January 6, 2021
FOR YOUR INFORMATION
- Please check the online calendar for upcoming events (http://www.siouxcenterchristian.com/calendar.cfm)
- Transportation information for Friday, Jan. 29 - Sioux Center Community Schools do not have school on January 29 but SCCS does. Only the two Sioux Center Christian School buses (2014 and 2020) will be running the morning and afternoon routes that day. All other students will need to have their own transportation.
JANUARY STORYLINE CHAPEL
In our Storyline Chapel today we are learning about Living God's Story as His Agents of Restoration: FORGIVE
We are celebrating chapel in our classrooms today and we hope you will join by clicking through our chapel slideshow (link below).
Don't miss the video with Special Agent Kuipers, Agent-in-Training Wieringa, and 3rd grade students sharing the story of Jesus' appearance to the disciples after His resurrection and showing forgiveness to Peter.
Dr. Justin Bailey shares a message on how Jesus forgives and calls us to follow Him and forgive others too.
PART-TIME ART TEACHER POSITION OPENING
Art program update: SCCS believes in educating and supporting the whole child. This goal is achieved partly through our co-curricular class offerings taught by trained experts in their fields. Currently, we provide K-8 co-curricular classes for the majority of our program: music, PE, library, and guidance. For our art program, we offer specialized classes for grades 5-8. The board is excited to share that we will be expanding our art program to include grades 3-4 next year, with the intention of building to providing K-8 art over the next 1-2 years. This move will continue to enhance the student experience at SCCS and provide several opportunities for students to develop gifts and talents. See the link below for more details, and please share this opportunity with those who may be interested. https://www.siouxcenterchristian.com/about/employment.cfm
FOOD SERVICE NEWS
AGENTS OF RESTORATION
This school year, we have been focused on being Agents of Restoration in our community and in our world. In December our focus has been "Agents of Restoration GIVE". As Christians, we are called to give of our time, talents, and treasures for God’s Kingdom. We wanted to encourage and recognize those in our community who are living as Agents of Restoration that GIVE- our healthcare workers.
Each homeroom collected snacks and wrote notes of encouragement and gratitude to our healthcare workers, recognizing how each healthcare worker has given of their time and talents for our community. Three homeroom classes were selected to deliver the baskets and notes to each healthcare facility this morning.
We hope that our healthcare workers are blessed by these gifts as they care for our community over the Christmas holiday.
- The Office Handouts is the place to check regularly for camp information, registration forms, and more! Currently there is information for:
Sioux Center's 2021 Spring Driver's Ed Class
- Staff Member of the Month: Nominate a staff member to become the Pella Corporation Staff member of the month. Pella Corporation will award one monthly recipient $500.00 to use towards school approved items and a certificate of recognition. A nomination form can be found here.
- Kidzone will resume on January 14.