A weekly newsletter for LVES Parents
February 12, 2016 - Issue 23
NO SCHOOL ON MONDAY, FEBRUARY 15TH - STUDENT/STAFF HOLIDAY
Meteorologist Zack Shields Visit
UIL Awards Ceremony
On Thursday, February 18th, we will hold our UIL Awards Ceremony at 1:30 pm. All UIL coaches and 2nd-4th grade students who participated in UIL will be recognized, and awards will be presented to students who placed in his/her event. Congratulations to all of our UIL participants and coaches!
Local Dentist visit with 1st Grade
Lucas Miller Visits on February 23rd
Father/Daughter Dance - February 19th
LVISD Monthly Character Trait...
How are you showing Fairness? Read the Counselor's Corner to find out what students are learning about citizenship with Ms. Box.
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services funded a project that researched children and their behavior. The following approaches were found to be effective in getting your children to cooperate with you more often than not.
To read the full article click on the link below:
1. Improve your relationship.
Children that have a good relationship with their parents may act out less. Do things with them, play with them, and show them love, respect, and admiration.
2. Focus on the positive.
Children learn best from praise and rewards. They crave the positive from the people that care for them. It is recommended that you should praise and reward behaviors you approve of often and consistently.
3. Set clear consequences.
When you want to stop a problem behavior decide on consequences ahead of time and talk to your children about them. Appropriate consequences are active ignoring, time outs, work chores, or removal of an activity or toy.
4. If needed, get professional help.
If you feel frustrated and are having difficulty managing your child’s behavior ask for help. You can contact your pediatrician, counselor, or the national referral hotline for resources (Dial 211).
- Monday, February 15th - Student/Staff Holiday - NO SCHOOL
- Tuesday, February 16th - OPEN
- Wednesday, February 17th - Bruce Lawless
- Thursday, February 18th - James Wright
- Friday, February 19th - David Badger
Weekly Attendance Rate
Remember our weekly goal is 97%, so please make sure that your child is at school everyday from 7:45-2:45.
Christine Harris, Administrative Assistant
Registration and Attendance:
Veronica Fidencio, Registrar/Attendance Clerk
Student Emotional Support:
Kim Box, Counselor
Gina Carmichael, School Nurse
Discipline and School Improvement:
Michelle Jackson, Principal
Eric Holt, Assistant Principal
- February 15th - School Holiday for Students and Staff
- February 16th - Meteorologist Zack Shields visits with 4th Grade, 1:15 pm in Library
- February 17th - GT Field Trip to McKinney Rough Park
- February 18th - UIL Awards Ceremony for 2nd, 3rd and 4th, 1:30 pm in Cafeteria
- February 19th - Life Skills Field Trip to Cornerstone Farms
- February 19th - Daddy/Daughter Dance, 7-9 pm in LVES Gym
- February 23rd - Lucas Miller Show
- March 1st - Spring Choir Concert, 2 pm and 7 pm
- March 8th - LVES Family Fun Night @ PDQ, 4pm - 9 pm
- March 9th - Spring Pictures
- March 9th - TELPAS for 3rd and 4th grade students
- March 10th - TELPAS for 2nd grade students
- March 11th - Touch-a-Truck Day
- March 14th - 18th - SPRING BREAK