Mariam Qureshi, Psychology, Per. 06
Techniques to Reduce Stress
- Breath Easily - "Breathing from your diaphragm oxygenates your blood which helps you relax almost instantly" -Robert Cooper, P.h. D.
- Smile - "Smiling transmits nerve impulses from the facial muscles to the limbic system, a key emotional center in the brain, tilting the neurochemical balance toward calm"
- Take a Walk - It forces you to breath more deeply and improves circulation
- Listen to Music - Slows heartbeat and increases endorphins
- Drink Tea & Limit Caffeine Consumption
Sisters Survive Two Weeks in Michigan Woods (primary source)
Two sisters survived for two weeks in a remote part of Michigan's Upper Peninsula on melted snow, little food that they had with them, and their "snow crippled" vehicle.
- Statement: "Through the days and nights while in the woods, we survived using love and hope in our families, Our faith in God held our confidence that we would eventually be found. We took note of circling aircraft, available water resources, the supplies we had with us. These factors eased our mind and allowed us to stay alive for thirteen long days."