Pauline Central Primary School
Jag-Wire Weekly Parent Update, April 12, 2021
Safely Back Together Again - What are State Assessments?
This week our 3rd grade students at PC took the English Language Arts portion of the Kansas Assessment. The Kansas Assessment Program, a program of the Kansas State Board of Education, is mandated by the Kansas State Legislature. In addition, the English language arts (ELA), mathematics, and science assessments are a part of the federal elementary and secondary education legislation. The assessment program is designed to:
- Measure specific indicators within the Kansas College and Career Ready Standards (KCCRS).
- Provide information for calculating Annual Measureable Objectives (AMOs) and to provide information for state accreditation.
- Report individual student scores along with the student’s performance level.
- Provide subscale and total scores that can be used with local assessment scores to assist in improving a building’s or district’s ELA, mathematics, science, and history, government, and social studies (HGSS) programs.
- For the 2020-2021 school year, grades 3-8, and 10 will take the ELA and math assessments.
This week, our 3rd grade students will take the math portion of the assessment. We are so proud of our students and the work they have done this year. We are eager for them to show what they know.
How can I help my child prepare for state assessments?
- Stay on top of homework. Slow and steady progress throughout the year is a good way to prepare.
- Talk with your child's teacher.
- Read with your child regularly.
- Make sure your child gets plenty of sleep.
- Use relaxation techniques.
- Talk about what the test is like.
- Go over her accommodations.
- Be calm and upbeat
PC Paras are in a League of Their Own
Registration is NOW OPEN for 2021-22 School Year
Online Registration is the first step for returning and new students to sign up to attend an Auburn-Washburn school for the 2021-2022 school year. The registration process will vary slightly, depending on your circumstances. For more information, click the link below that applies to your situation. After Online Registration, you will be notified if there are further steps you need to take.
- Returning Families - You are a returning family if one or more of your children attended an Auburn-Washburn school during the previous school year. If you are a returning family, you can log into Campus Portal any time to start or continue your registration.
- New Families - You are a new family if none of your children attended grades kindergarten through 11 at an Auburn-Washburn school during the previous school year.
Mark your calendar for Kindergarten Bootcamp in July
Kindergarten Round-Up was a huge success!
Help your child develop fine motor skills
Mark Your Calendars- Upcoming Important Dates
April 22 - Student of the Month classroom visits; video will be shared
April 29 -- Food trucks in Pauline South Parking Lot; 5:00-7:00 p.m.
May 4 - PTO Meeting via Zoom; 6:00-7:00 p.m.
May 10 - NO SCHOOL
May 14 - Field Day; Link to video will be shared with our families
May 26 - Last Day for Students; 1/2 day of school
June 2 - Building tours for incoming kindergarten families by appointment