TISON MIDDLE SCHOOL NEWS & NOTES
AUGUST FAMILY EDITION
FIRST WEEK HIGHLIGHTS
Greetings Tison Families,
It's been a great 'back to school' week and we have thoroughly enjoyed getting to know our new 6th grade students & reuniting with our 7th and 8th grade students. The energy in the building is so positive and contagious. On behalf of the entire leadership team, I want to say thank you for your continued encouragement, support, prayers, and patience.
THIS WEEK OUR TEAM:
- Welcomed 306 6th Graders, 276 7th Graders, and 297 8th Graders to Our Campus - a special thank-you to our Cheerleaders who Lined the Hallways & Extended Radical Hospitality
- Issued Schedules to All New & Returning Students
- Personally Walked Students Unfamiliar with the Building to First Period
- Delivered 1,000 Fresh Baked Cookies to All Students & Staff on 8.18.2021 during 3rd Period
- Introduced All Students to The Roo Way
- Issued Equipment to 215+ Students in Boys Athletics
- Hosted Volleyball Tryouts with 150 Interested Athletes
- Navigated 18 Passing/Transition Periods
- Implemented a New Cafeteria Queue System (Thank-You PTA) to Structure Lunches and Create Time for both Conversation and a Short Technology Break
- Held Athletic Meetings for 7th and 8th Grade Families
- Cooked & Served Hotdogs and Hamburgers to all TMS Staff Members as They Prepared Their Rooms for the First Day of School
- Installed a Community Clothing Recycling Bin in the TMS Parking Lot - thanks to our AWESOME PTA
There is nothing more powerful than the power of community, and we are so honored to serve in this community with you. Thanks again for your support.
Renee Treat, Ed.D.
Principal, Tison Middle School
FIRST WEEK NOTES & IMPROVEMENTS
- Do not block or travel through the designated campus bus lanes.
- Be respectful of homeowners and businesses when waiting in line.
- Pull into a parking spot if your student does not immediately enter the car as not to delay cars behind you. Students may need reminders to 'exit the building quickly' and 'proceed immediately to the car.'
- Observe school zones when flashing.
- Refrain from using your cell phone in the school zone.
- Remember that school ends at 3:45 p.m. and students will exit the building @ 3:52 p.m.
– Please continue to avoid loading in the football parking lot at dismissal
Thank you for your patience as we work to get all students home safely each day.
BACK LOOP - You may have noticed that TMS has limited 'sidewalk' space and 'waiting areas' which makes drop off and pick up a little challenging. In an effort to train students, support new bus drivers, introduce safety protocols at crosswalks, and establish new traffic patterns, the traffic committee closed the back loop for the first week of school (by the gym/tennis courts). It is important that we create a safe zone for bus loading and unloading as student safety is our top priority.
Now that our bus drivers have established a good routine and our students know how to properly exit the building and load the buses, we will be opening the back loop for parent pick-up & drop-off beginning 8/23/21. We do ask that you (1) please watch out for students crossing the parking lot - especially when it's dark - (2) please communicate which lot you will be using so your student is aware & waiting, and (3) please keep the traffic moving so our buses can enter the loop and get to the tennis court area. We still have 1 bus that is arriving well after dismissal and it's important that the bus is able to enter the parking lot with ease. Please see the below map for details. Thanks again for your patience.