Wild Thing Class Newsletter
An Entomologist is a scientist that studies insects. Entomologist study about the insects classification, life cycle, distribution, behaviors, physical appearance, and the population dynamics of a particular insect. They are vital in our world today because they help with research, teaching us new environmental aspects about insects and what humans can do to help these organisms live better and longer.
Importance of Entomologist:
- Work for government agencies that help prevent the entrance of the potentially harmful pest from different areas around the world.
- Medical and public health entomologist work for federal, state, and local public health departments that deal with pest control issues.
- Military Entomologist work with the protection of the military personal against insect-born diseases when overseas.
- Agricultural Entomologist help farms with the control of pest for protection on the valuable crops.
Entomologist are every important for science because it allows more in-depth education about insects and much more. Just think about how our life would be without Entomologist...Insects are vital in the food chain, and our daily life's.
Eric Grissell pursued his dream is learning about his biggest passion being snakes, bugs, toads and much more.
Well-known Entomologist, and Professor
Do you have a passion for insects?
Do you have a passion for the earth?
Do you like to travel around the world?
Do you have a passion for making the world a better place?
Another career that deals with the study of insects is an Environmental Scientist. This career choice allows you to have a large variety of opinions in your career. They mainly perform research based on identifying, controlling, and eliminate the sources of pollutants causing hazards in the environment.
Why is an Environmental Scientist Important?
- Develops a plan to prevent, control, and fix environmental problems like air pollution and agriculture crop protection.
- Beneficial for human and other organisms.
- Use observations, samples, and specimens to collect data.
- Based on finding in new research allows the content to change due to the most recent discoveries.