How can you protect their habitat?
- Get involved in cleaning up and protecting the Wetland.
- Adopt a watershed
- Buy duck stamps at your local post office.
- After severe weather clean up the area and find out how to get rid of pollutants.
- Reduce the amount of pollutants you use in your daily life.
- Strictly herbivore
- In their habitat they will live up to 24 years
- They weight about 60 pounds.
- They are among the largest of rodents.
- Beavers can remain underwater for about 15 minutes before surfacing.
- They have a transparent set of eyelids to swim underwater.
- They don't always make dams, they do prefer to make homes in river banks also.
Beaver Dam Information Site. N.p., n.d. Web. 11 Apr. 2013. <http://www.beaverdam.info/>.
National Geographic. N.p., n.d. Web. 11 Apr. 2013. <http://animals.nationalgeographic.com/animals/mammals/beaver/>.
"Water: What You Can Do." EPA Untied States Environmental Protection Agency. Untied States Environmental Protection Agency, 21 Mar. 2013. Web. 10 Apr. 2013. <http://water.epa.gov/action/>.