The Greendell Gosling Flyer
March 28, 2022
Dear Greendell Families,
What a wonderful time we had at our Young Athletes Day at Greendell! Our young athletes were working hard practicing their skills over the past four weeks to prepare for the event and they did amazing! It was so much fun and the laughter ringing across our field was a beautiful sound.
We have not been able to hold our Young Athletes Day for two years due to the pandemic. So the day was very special for our school and it would not have been possible without the amazing coaches, staff and family volunteers. Thank you!!!
A huge thank you to the Adapted Physical Education team: Angel Sheridan, Malcolm Lane and Roxanne Koopman. You make sports fun for everyone!
Parking Lot Safety
Here are a few things that may be helpful for families:
- Arrive early to school so you can find parking and take your time walking your children to class.
- If you are biking or walking to school, an early arrival will avoid vehicle traffic.
- Talk to your child before school to let them know you will be parking in a different spot and may walk onto campus using a different route.
- Stress the importance of holding hands all the way to the school gate. Drivers may not be able to see our little ones.
- For younger children, you may want to bring them in a stroller or wagon or carry them so they are secure as you cross the parking lot.
- Go slowly - be extra cautious as a driver and as a pedestrian.
Thank you for your patience with the construction and for ensuring that everyone is safe at our school.
Open Enrollment for PreSchool Family
Open enrollment has begun for our PreSchool Family program at Greendell!
PreSchool Family is a unique parent education, parent participation program for adults blended with play-based classes for their children from birth to 4 years old. Adults in the program learn about child development, discuss parenting issues, and participate in a nurturing community dedicated to learning and growing as a family.
If your family is interested in learning more, sign up for a tour here.
More Palo Alto Adult School Classes
Walk and Roll to School Week at Greendell
On Thursday, April 14th, we will have a Family Bike Showcase in the breezeway near the Greendell Office so come check out the awesome family bikes (or add yours to the showcase)!
During Walk and Roll Week, be on the look out for a poster where children and families can select how they got to school.
Above are pictures of Greendell families who have been riding family bikes since they were in PreSchool Family with their babies!
Parent Education Session Justice, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion: How Parents Can Raise JEDI’s.
The parent education session will focus on teaching our children to recognize and challenge stereotypes and bias and provide opportunities to practice JEDI principles (justice, equity, diversity and inclusion).
Please RSVP below to let us know that you will be attending this event.
I hope to see you there!
Please Note: This session will be counted as the April parent education meeting for our Young Fives families.
Wednesday, Apr 13, 2022, 06:30 PM
Mark Your Calendars
- Friday, April 1st - District Wide Minimum Day - No Extended Day for Young Fives
- Monday, April 4th - Friday, April 8th - No School for Spring Break
- Week of April 11th - April 15th - Walk and Roll Week at Greendell
- Wednesday, April 13th - Online Parent Education Session: Justice, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion: How Parents Can Raise JEDI’s.