My Journey to Healthy Living
by Lisa Hartmann
Confessions of a Chubby Girl
I belong to N.B.A. - Nutty Bar Anonymous, "Little Debbie" is my closest friend, McDonald's is my favorite restaurant, and I have a strong relationship with sugar, coffee, and pop! In the last 10 years I have managed to put on 30 pounds, and more tragically - feel terrible. Honestly, I had resigned myself to feeling that way. Hundreds of dollars was spent on different doctors and blood work. Was it my thyroid? Was I just getting old? I've been on three different medicines to help my digestive issues - nothing helped.
That accidentally changed in late February 2015 when I attended an Arbonne Presentation to learn about their skincare for my daughter Rylee. It was at that presentation that I learned about their amazing nutritional program and their products!
That day I made a decision to invest in myself and on March 2nd I began the "30 Days to Healthy Living Challenge"! In 30 days I completely transformed the way I look at food, I lost 10 pounds (that month) and several inches. I am NOW wearing 3 sizes smaller pants and tops, I'm not taking any medications, and most importantly . . . I feel like ME again!
I now proudly tell people that ask - that I graduated from the 30 Day Healthy Living Challenge and have moved into my Healthy Living LIFESTYLE! I've learned through the educational portion of this program what works for my body and what doesn't - and the weight is still coming off! 26 pounds down!
YOU can do anything for 30 days! If I can - YOU CAN!
Our Awesome Products: the 30 Day Kit
What My Day Looks Like
1. Wake up - dissolve he "Digestion Plus" (probiotics, probiotics) in about 4 ounces of water and shoot it down.
2. Shower - Get Ready
3. I replaced my breakfast cereal and milk with a smoothie. There are a million different ways/choices to make these but I generally mix the "Protein Powder" (plant-based chocolate and vanilla is in the kit - enough for 60 meals) with a cup of unsweetened Almond Milk (twice as much calcium than milk), a scoop of the "Daily Fiber Boost", and a handful of frozen fruit. I use a small, Walt-Mart $14.99 blender to mix it all together. I HAVE NEVER BEEN HUNGRY WITH THIS.
4. When I get to school I make the "Detox Tea" and add 1/2 of an "Energy Fizz Stick" - I usually make another cup mid morning using the same tea bag and the rest of the fizz stick OR I just start with my big 24 ounce Tervis cup!
5. Snacks before and after lunch - - almonds, granny smith apples, humus with veggies or pita, pistachios . .
6. Lunch - I usually eat leftovers from dinner OR I make another smoothie - repeat step 3.
7. Dinner - dinners are REAL dinners. The best thing about this has been the educational side about shopping and cooking. You're placed on a private Facebook page that filters this info to you a little each day. It includes 10 recipes and shopping lists each week, 5 that include meat and 5 that are vegan. I HAVE NOT COOKED MY ENTIRE MARRIAGE and I am now! The first couple of times took me awhile but now it's quick and easy.
8. The last thing you receive in the kit is the "7-Day Body Cleanse". We use this the third week in place of drinking the tea. It is a liquid that you put in water and slowly drink over about 4-6 hours.
What about exercise?
Arbonne not only offers amazing nutritional products but also Skincare, Bath & Body, Hair, Sun, Cosmetics, and Fragrance!
Why Arbonne Essentials® Are Your Best Choice
At Arbonne, we have been on a green journey for 35 years and always will be. From botanically based ingredients to forward-looking green improvements, being earth friendly has everything to do with who we are and how we choose to grow.
We leave out the bad stuff, and they taste amazing.
• Vegan-certiﬁed, no animal ingredients
• No artiﬁcial colors, ﬂavors or sweeteners
• No trans fat
• No high fructose corn syrup or fructose
• Standardized plant extracts
• Low glycemic index (Protein Shake powders)
• Kosher-certiﬁed (Protein Shake powders, Daily Fiber Boost, Digestion Plus).
All Arbonne Essentials and Arbonne Evolution™ products are gluten-free. Gluten is a protein found in wheat and wheat derivatives but may also be found in rye, barley and malts. Many processed foods, sauces, seasonings, ﬂavorings and even beer and licorice contain gluten. More and more individuals without celiac disease are also reporting sensitivities to gluten and making the decision to avoid products with this wheat protein.
Low Glycemic Index
Glycemic index is a measurement of how quickly blood sugar rises after eating a food or dietary supplement. Foods that are higher in sugar generally have a larger impact on the blood sugar level. Foods that are lower in sugar limit the rise in blood sugar and subsequent insulin response and do not promote fat-storing mechanisms. This means products with a low glycemic index are a good choice for individuals on a weight management regimen. Low glycemic index products are also preferred by those who are sensitive to or simply want to avoid sugary foods and drinks.Arbonne Essentials Protein Shake powders have a low glycemic index rating, and they:
• Support healthy blood glucose levels that are already in the normal range
• Have minimal impact on blood sugar level
• Do not cause a spike in blood sugar
Standarized Plant Extracts
Single botanicals can have many different bioactive ingredients, each with a different beneﬁt. When standardized extracts are used, it means we have selected a speciﬁc phytonutrient from the botanical and have speciﬁed an exact amount of the bioactive to be delivered in each dose of the product ensuring you get the same level of beneﬁt every time.
Natural Colors, Flavors and Sweeteners
Arbonne Essentials products are formulated with natural sweeteners such as unreﬁned sugar cane, agave nectar and the herbal sweetener stevia. In addition, Arbonne uses only naturally derived ﬂavors and colors in our formulations.