Pansophia Academy Weekly Staff Newsletter
Teacher Tip #1
The Week of March 11th
10:15 Teacher Observation Verde
12:00 County wide PD Planning: Gray
3:00 Little Women Auditions
EMC & DE Accuplacer Testing
Crazy Hair Day- March is Reading Month
Project Lean: Lehman, Esterline & Miller
8:25 8th grade BACC visit
3:00 p.m. Girls on the Run
6:00 p.m. Basketball Open Gym
Dentists R Us
8:00 United We Read
3:00 p.m. Little Women Auditions
All NWEA Instructional changes need to be submitted to Mueller
Project Lean: Maurer, Grable, Bird, Verde
Dress as your favorite book character- March is Reading Month
3:00 Girls on the Run
3:15 p.m. K-1 MTSS
4:30 Shamrock Social
11:00 CSP meeting @ PA Kayla and Jamie
ERF: Strategic Planning
2:00 p.m. Basketball Open Gym
Grades Locked: March 15, 2019
Report Cards will be sent home on Friday!
*Elementary teachers: Print your report cards and send home in Friday folders
*Secondary teachers: Office will print report cards. Students will meet in their advisory
rooms at 1:25 p.m. on Friday to pick up report cards. Please have students drop off
chromebooks from 1:25-1:30 p.m.
Add it to the calendar!
Elementary: Send event to Maurer
Secondary: Send event to Bailey
Any event that is happening in your classroom, needs to be communicated to the front office. Email event details to the office so when parents call, we have the information!
The front office will add it to the calendar.
Please do not hang out in the office and have conversations. There is a great deal of important information that comes through the office and secondary noise makes it difficult to hear and decreases accuracy and increases the chances of a mistake.
Use your Office voice!
Please welcome Heather Kasperski to the PA staff!
Teachers: Please answer all questions posed on your observation log that was shared with you following the winter observation.
I will be around to do a classroom learning environment (ELEOT) observation during the month of March/April.
Hot Topics! Marketing
Take pictures this week of what you are doing in your classroom, student recognition, etc. Put them on a google doc. along with a caption and get them sent to Bailey. She will share them with Piper & Gold. Let's tell our story!
Final page turn of prints have been done
· We’re getting ready to publish an Ad for bid in the local paper for tradesmen needed
· Water fountains in new area will have bottle water fill stations as well as drinking fountains
· Science room, music room, and art room have eco-friendly lighting. If the sun is shining bright, the lights will dim down. If the sun is not shining the lights will turn up. The Science lab areas will have switch controlled lights to provide extra lighting in this area.
· Garbage Waste Container will be enclosed and secure
· New kitchen has area to expand services under a new and larger hood system
· RFP board throughout kitchen to aid in sanitation
· Own storage room, eliminating shed storage
· Kitchen will include a fresh fruit and vegetable wash station and more prep tables
· Etched Puma “P” will face outwards on top entry window
· Puma claw that the children voted for will be in foyer area bedded into the flooring
· Each classroom will have its own eco bee thermostat for temperature control within their room
· Science lab areas will have 2 head gas flow stations
· Classrooms will have Mag door locks that will allow teachers to lock the door from the inside if an intruder were to be present
· Music room has practice room, acoustical wall to provide high sound quality while keeping the sound to travel to next door rooms
· Art room will be equipped with a nice storage room and kiln room (space enough for 2 kilns)
· School name will be up lit on side of new building
· Working on address change
· Currently School Staff is working on a procedures and areas of drop off and pick up while construction is occurring.
285 Division St, Coldwater, MI 49036
“Byce & Associates, Inc. is a team of imaginative and practical design professionals for the built environment. We provide our clients with service excellence, resulting in long standing relationships. As the owner’s advocate, we utilize creative problem solving to provide an economical, functional, and sustainable facility.”
Piper & Gold
Piper & Gold Public Relations is a team of PR stars in Old Town, Lansing. The full team supports each project and client as deemed appropriate by the team leaders, and we work with a talented network of small businesses and vendors to provide the best solutions and ideas to our clients and community.