EAGLE MOUNTAIN NEWS & NOTES #32
APRIL 20, 2015
Roger Staubach once said, "Spectacular achievements are always preceded by unspectacular preparations." I thought of you when I read that quote because we KNOW how very very hard you have worked to prepare your learners for their tests this week. As testing is upon us again we acknowledge the additional stress that this places on everyone. Take a deep breath this week as we go through our final round of testing for the year. We do have some VERY GOOD news to share with you soon after we finish our testing that validates your hard work!
IMPORTANT INFO FOR THIS WEEK!
· Thank you again for working to sure that our testing goes smoothly this week. Make sure you are ACTIVELY MONITORING during all testing!
· If you have not told Tim what club you are doing you need to do so no later than Wednesday. Clubs were due to resume this Friday, but with testing we will move that back a week, so we will have kids select their new clubs by the first of next week, so that our last round of clubs will begin NEXT Friday.
· If you haven’t submitted your TSR Sections 2 & 3, I need it as soon as possible!
· Please make sure you are closely supervising students at recess. We also need to make sure that we are watching for bullying & addressing it appropriately. Please do not ever hesitate to report any acts of bullying that you witness or that you are made aware of. Our focus needs to be intensified across the board so that we are proactive in these situations.
· We still have a few grade levels who are picking their students up late from Specials. Please make every effort to ensure that you are picking your students on time!
· Here is a very good article on the importance of recess shared with us by Daniel Gallagher:
THERE ARE NO NEW TECH DO'S THIS NINE WEEKS
THESE ARE THE TECH DO'S WE HAD THIS YEAR.
1st WEEK – Try ClassDojo.com
2nd WEEK – Decide what you would like to do. (twitter or blog)
3rd WEEK – Twitter or blog should be ready to go
4th WEEK - Post at least one time to twitter or blog
5th WEEK – Set up a You Tube Channel
6th WEEK – Should be posting regularly to twitter or blog
7th WEEK – Post a video to You Tube
8th WEEK – Try to Flip one lesson9th WEEK – What’s Your Plan for the Next nine weeks?
1st WEEK – KEEP TWEETING AND BLOGGING
2nd WEEK – RESEARCH APPS AND SUBMIT APPS FOR APPROVAL
3rd WEEK – USE QR CODES IN A LESSON
4th WEEK - FLIP ONE LESSON THIS WEEK
5th WEEK – REPORT ON HOW iPADS ARE BEING USED IN YOUR CLASS
6th WEEK – TWEET AN AUTHOR ABOUT A BOOK THE CLASS HAS READ
7th WEEK – VIDEO A STUDENT LED LESSON AND POST TO YOUTUBE
8th WEEK – POST A STUDENT LED TWEET
9th WEEK – MAKE-UP ONE WEEK YOU MISSED
THIS WEEK AT A GLANCE:
Monday – 5th grade Math STAAR testing
Tuesday – 3rd & 4th grade Math
Wednesday – 3rd & 4th Reading, 5th grade Science, Happy Secretary's Day!!!
Thursday – Make up STAAR testing
Friday – Make up STAAR testing
- Congratulations to Donna Bell on being selected as our Para of the year! We all know that Donna is in a class by herself & brightens our campus with her genuine smile & warmth, & strong people skills & unparalleled work ethic! We are excited that Donna is receiving this well-deserved recognition!
- Kudos to Teresa Gaskie on being named our Auxiliary Person of the Year! Teresa has literally transformed the cafeteria & we appreciate very much the positive atmosphere that she & her staff have created! What a blessing she has been to EME!
- Congratulations to Cindy Griggs on having her Donors.org project funded. Her class will be getting 5 Ipad minis, cases, & headphones! Way to go Cindy on being resourceful!
- We are truly blessed to have Sandra Short, Helen Hopkins, & Donna Bell in our front office. As you know these ladies work very very hard & do an amazing job. Please let them know you appreciate them & all that they do for EME!