Class of 2022
All things Senior
Hey Seniors of 2022!
This newsletter will be sent regularly with new information and a reminder to point you to the Senior Class of 2022 Website. This website should be bookmarked and referred to for information about the events and activities for the class of 2022.
SAVE THE DATE:
Norman North's 2022 Commencement Ceremonies
Thursday, May 26th, 7pm
2900 South Jenkins Avenue
The 2022 Commencement Ceremonies for Norman North High School will be held at the Lloyd Noble Center on Thursday, May 26, 2022, @ 7:00 PM
The Commencement Practice will be May 26, 2022 at Lloyd Noble. Graduation practice will be 10:00-11:30 a.m.
The Class Picnic will be May 26, 2022 at Reeves Park. The Picnic will be 12:00 p.m.
ACTION REQUIRED: Senior Survey
Senior Scholarship Ceremony
Thursday, May 19th, 6:30-8:30pm
211 West Comanche Street
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
Norman North's Baccalaureate Celebration
Sunday, May 22nd, 6-7pm
1501 24th Avenue Northeast
YOU SHOULD KNOW:
Starting May 1st until and before May 26th ALL students will need to go by the registrar’s office, fill out a mailing label and pay $2.00 to have their diploma and one transcript mailed. (You may also pay online at the following link. https://ok-norman.intouchreceipting.com/signin)
Please note when a student becomes 18 years of age, he/she becomes custodian of his/her own records. Therefore, the registrar/school personnel cannot release diplomas or transcripts to anyone other than the student without written permission from the student. All concurrently enrolled students must have their official college transcripts sent to Mrs. Trusley by May 23rd. We will accept a physical copy in a sealed envelope or an electronic copy sent directly from the college to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Beginning May 1st, students who need to have a final transcript sent to a college must go to Norman North webpage under graduation and fill out the Final Transcript Request Form. All in state schools will be sent via XAP Transcript Exchange. Only the transcript can be sent electronically, we cannot add any other information. Students must provide a complete address if they are going to an out of state college.
Senior MacBook Returns
Seniors and any students leaving the district can turn in the NPS assigned device at any of the following dates and times:
Monday May 24 - Friday May 28 in the NNHS technology office from 8am - 4pm
Tuesday May 31 - Friday June 3 in the NNHS technology office from 8am - 3pm
If none of these times work students should contact their site help desk to make arrangements to bring items in at another time.
If you are going to be needing the NPS assigned device after the drop off date please fill out this form: request to turn in NPS device after June 3rd. If this request is not for an accepted reason the device will still be disabled June 6.
Any laptops not turned in by 3 pm on June 3rd and not confirmed as part of the request to turn in NPS device after June 3rd may be disabled.
SENIOR MacBooks -- Additional Information
As you prepare to leave the district and return the NPS assigned Macbook, there may be items in Drive and Gmail that need to be retained. Please plan on copying these items out of email and/or Drive, as student accounts are scheduled to be inactivated thirty (30) days after students leave the district. Google has an app designed for this at takeout.google.com. If you need assistance with this, please click here to request assistance from the NPS Help Desk or contact via Phone: (405) 366-0536
If there is an NPS provided case on the assigned Macbook you will need to leave that case on the device. If there is a personally purchased case on the device please remove it before turning it in; if you don't want the case you may leave it on the device and TSC will remove it and reuse it for students who can’t buy themselves a case.
The current assigned macbooks are not available for purchase. If you are interested in purchasing a Macbook like the one students have used this year (13” Macbook Air, 1.6 GHz Intel Core i5 processor, 128GB Storage, 8 MB Ram) NPS has worked with our partner at Apple to get educational pricing for NPS families for comparable Macbooks. Use this link https://www.apple.com/us-hed/shop for that option.
We wish all the best and can't wait to see where your future takes you!
DID YOU ORDER GRADUATION ANNOUNCEMENTS AND YOUR SENIOR'S CAP AND GOWN?
Jostens will be at Norman North for Senior Product Delivery (orders must be paid in full).
April 7, 2022, from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm in the Commons or you may pick them up in the Main Office, please ask for Mrs. Trusley or Ms. Celina.
Senior Yearbook Ads:
DRESS CODE & EXPECTATIONS:
- Dress code:
- Male students should wear long, dark-colored pants, a shirt with a collar, and preferably a tie. All male students should wear regular dress shoes with dark socks.
- Female students should wear a dress or long pants and a blouse.
- Tennis shoes and flip-flops are not appropriate
- Decoration of the cap and gown will not be allowed. Cultural or religious dress is allowed only under the cap and gown.
- Students who have consumed or possess any drugs or alcohol will not be allowed to participate, as stated in school policy.
- Students are not to carry anything, including purses, cameras, sunglasses and flowers.
- Participation in commencement is a school activity. Inappropriate behaviors during the last few weeks of school may result in the loss of the privilege of participating in the commencement ceremony.
- Students involved in inappropriate behavior during commencement exercises will be removed from the commencement ceremony.
Practice and Picnic:
- Graduation Practice is TBA. All graduates are required to attend practice.
- Senior Picnic will be at May 26, 2022 at Reeves Park, weather permitting. An alternative rain-out location will be announced if it becomes necessary.
- Picnic is provided for Seniors by NNHS and the Norman Community.
- Parents, Friends, and Relatives:
- We do not allow noisemakers, air horns, balloons, silly string, signs, food or drinks.
- A sign language interpreter will be located on the West end of the bleachers near the concession stand.
- Wheelchair access is located along the back of the stadium, just inside the main entrance.
- Because of the number of students and large amounts of equipment, parents and guests will not be allowed on the floor to take pictures before, during, or after the event.
- Links to watch the ceremony live will be on the NPS webpage and the NPS Facebook page.
- Pictures will be taken by Oklahoma School Pictures.