Fall has arrived!
We know everyone is ready for all the great changes that come with this wonderful season. As the air is turning crisper, and the leaves begin to turn shades of red and gold, here at the TexQuest Support Center we are thrilled to share with you our Fall Newsletter.
In this edition, we'll highlight essential provider updates, the latest curriculum connections, and upcoming training opportunities. We are excited to experience the spirit of the season with you and to keep you in the loop with all that's happening here at TexQuest.
TexQuest Updates & Reminders
Update District Contacts
If you would like to update any TexQuest contacts (Primary, Librarian, Curriculum, Accounting, and Technology) for your district, complete the TexQuest Contact Information Update form for those individuals that have changed. If you do not know the TexQuest contacts on file for your district, email TexQuest Support and we will be happy to provide that information.
Did you know that TeachingBooks has a Reader's Advisory feature? After you search for a book you will see a feature called "Discover Like Books." This feature will find other books that match your interest. Users can learn more about the book with author interviews, audiobook performances, discussion questions, and more.
The Reader's Advisory allows you to identify books in the following ways:
- Books similar to a Favorite Title
- Based on Authors, Subjects or Series
- By Reading Level
TeachingBooks resources can also be used to scaffold support for English language learners as they move through levels of proficiency in listening, speaking, reading, and writing.
- Vooks Storytime to practice listening while using visual cues.
- Engage with Reader’s Theater Script Collection to practice reading fluency and listening to others.
- Scaffold writing skills and build confidence with a progression of Multi-Leveled Lessons
Checkout the TeachingBooks Blog for more ideas!
ProQuest SIRS Discoverer
All of the content remains the same so you will find the same great information. ProQuest recently added 3 new issues bringing their total up to 81 Issues for students to research and explore.
ProQuest also added the following 3 magazine/newspaper publishers:
- Brilliant Brainz
- Live Science
- Australian Rural & Regional News
Infobase Learn360 has been super busy making some great updates;
- Recently removed over 600 titles in an effort to enhance discoverability, simplify search and improve curation. Users should be able to easily find the most recent resources for their lessons.
- Added 300+ New STEAM titles!
- You'll find new titles in the "I Wonder Series: Animals, Human Bodies"
- Five new titles in the Financial Literacy Series bringing the total to 24 videos
For a full list of recently added content, visit Learn360.
Recently, Gale updated National Geographic Kids and Gale in Context: Elementary! Same great digital resources but now they work together. National Geographic Kids content has been integrated into the Gale In Context: Elementary to simplify access and increase student engagement for elementary learners.
The National Geographic Kids platform will continue as a single resource for access. The Gale K-5 eBooks are also discoverable in the integrated experience within Gale In Context: Elementary to create a simplified interface that provides the ideal environment to introduce young students to research in a safe environment.
LearningExpress has continued to add or update several items within their product line. To stay up-to-date on what's new, simply login to LearningExpress, then select "What's New" from the top left hand corner of the landing page.
Here are a few of the most recent Microlessons & tests updates/additions:
- 7 Microlessons to help prepare for the Digital SAT
- Addition of 4 Digital SAT tests
- 2 Praxis Special Education Practice tests
Updates to eBooks:
- AP English Language and Composition Exam Study Guide
- AP Spanish Language & Culture Exam Study Guide
- AP World History: Modern Exam Study Guide
- AP U.S. History Exam Study Guide
- AP Psychology Exam Study Guide
- AP Environmental Science Exam Study Guide
- AP Human Geography Exam Study Guide
Updates to Videos:
- 185 new Math & Science videos have been added.
You can view a complete list of updated materials and promotional items by visiting EBSCO Connect.
Did you know that Britannica Middle & High School levels have "At-a-Glance" collections?
These collections are great for research projects. The articles allow users to dive into broader themes and concepts in one place. Explore Presidents of the United States at a Glance, African American History at a Glance, Solar System at a Glance, and more to find links to articles, media, and other content to help make connections within these important topics.
TexQuest is a statewide digital resources program that provides anytime, anywhere access to high quality, authoritative digital resources to all educators, students, and students' immediate families in Texas K-12 public schools and open enrollment charter schools. Supported, in part, by appropriations from the Texas State Legislature, Texas districts pay a small per student membership fee to gain access to TexQuest resources from the providers listed on this page.
The Texas State Library and Archives Commission administers all aspects of the TexQuest program and is responsible for the selection and coordination of all TexQuest resources, as well as district invoicing.
Education Service Center, Region 20 serves as the TexQuest Support Center and is responsible for help desk, technical assistance, outreach, communication, and training to support the program.