St. Mark School
September 28, 2015
Dear St. Mark Families,
The school year has begun and the children are adjusting nicely to their classroom routines. They are especially excited about the new computer lab and music room!
Miss Straub is teaching science to our 6th, 7th and 8th grade students this year. They have already begun to work on labs to get them used to the Scientific Method. This week’s lab was very interesting, as the students used the scientific method to see how many drops of water can be placed on a penny using an eyedropper. Many thought it would hold anywhere from 2-4 drops. At the conclusion of their experiment they saw that their hypothesis was incorrect. A penny could hold up to 30 or more drops of water. Needless to say they were amazed at the results.
As you all know, we now have a Pre K program. They are such a joy to have. When asked what they want to learn this year, they came up with some very interesting topics. Many wanted to learn to read or learn letters. I loved that one child wants to learn how to draw dinosaurs and how to lift heavy things! They enjoy when Father Mooney and I visit to and always have something interesting to share with us. All the teachers spent time in their religion class talking about the Pope’s visit to Philadelphia. We are thrilled that he is visiting our area and shared the special event with the community by walking along Radcliffe Street for our Welcome Pope Francis. We are very happy for Ms. Rodriguez who auditioned and was chosen to sing in a choir for the Pope’s Mass. I am sure it was a memory that will last a lifetime.
Thank you for all that you do for our children.
May God bless you and your family.
God bless you,
- Friday, October 2nd - 8:00 First Friday Mass
- Friday, October 2nd – 6th, 7th and 8th Grade Dance 7:00 – 10:00
- Monday, October 5th – Fire Prevention Week/ Bristol Borough Fire Department will be here to speak to children in grades Pre K-4th.
- Saturday, October 17th – Bristol Day/more info will follow
- Friday, October 23rd – Progress Reports will only be sent home to any student that is having difficulties with schoolwork.
- Monday, October 26th – School Pictures/ Carriage Studio will be here for school pictures/ more info will follow
- Friday, October 30th - School Halloween Fair/ more info will follow
- Friday, October 30th – Trunk or Treat Night/ Home and School will be sending info about this new and fun event.