BSD Auto Tech Updates
Welcome Parents and Students to the 2021-2022 School Year!
First Day of School
Class begins at 7:30am and ends at 12:30pm and students will meet every other day, following an odd/even schedule.
If you have questions about transportation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will try and respond to all information requests by the end of the day on Sunday 9/12.
Uniforms for the class are provided by the District this year. Until we have enough uniforms for each student, we ask that all students wear/bring jeans or work pants and closed toe shoes. Per Governor's Ordinance, face masks will be required on school property.
BRING YOUR CHROMEBOOKS EVERYDAY...MAKE SURE THEY ARE CHARGED
Have you heard about Parentsquare?
- Parentsquare is a new platform that District staff use to communicate important messages to communities, classes and individual parents and students.
- Click on the following link to learn more about signing up and how to use the program.
- Once registered, you will be able to receive notifications from across the District including snow-day cancelations, updates from transportation, important event notifications and communicate quickly with District staff.
What To Do If Your Student Is Absent
- Call your home high school's attendance line and report the absence
- Call the Aloha high school attendance line and report the absence - 503-356-2762
- To verify the absence has been marked as excused, email the program Office Assistant at email@example.com
If the absence is not reported as excused to the Aloha high school attendance line, then the student will be marked unexcused absent in Auto Tech, even if their absence is excused at their home high school. The attendance lines for each school are separate and they do not share information.
If an absence is recorded incorrectly, please contact the program Office Assistant to help with any corrections.
What's happening this week?
The Automotive Options Program was able to officially congratulate our newest instructor, Mr. Woehl. Mr. Woehl comes to the automotive program with over 30 years of automotive industry experience. He also serves as a member of the program's Advisory Board.
Instructor Louise Drow
Instructor Ethan Woehl
Office Assistant Kerri Hattig