LEAD Innovation Studio
Vol. 4, Issue 20 - January 22, 2021
NOTE FROM THE PRINCIPAL
We had a very quick turn-around between wrapping up our fall semester last Friday and launching our spring semester. I am proud of the work of our staff and students in overcoming so many obstacles this fall to continue academic excellence. We are excited about the spring and the new courses that have launched. As we embark on our spring semester, it is time to start thinking about next year! We will begin visiting CT classrooms, and connecting with our online students, about the course selection process for next year. Please see details below, and as always, please reach out with any questions you have.
Thank you for your continued partnership with your student.
LEAD DUAL CREDIT INFORMATION
If your student is enrolled on AP Psychology in person, AP Biology In person, College Algebra in person, Aspiring Medical in person, AP Biology online, AP Psychology online, Comp and Read online, College Algebra online, or Spanish 4 online they may take the course for both high school and college credit. Information about the enrollment process was emailed out this week. The deadline for enrollment is January 25th and the Accuplacer Test must be taken by January 26th. If your student has questions about the process MCC is offering zoom help sessions this coming Monday at both 9:00 am and 11:00 am. The link for the help sessions was emailed to students today.
ENROLLMENT AND COURSE OFFERINGS INFORMATION
Key Dates/ Timelines/ Details are as follows:
Current 9th, 10th, and 11th Grade students - course offering fair for the 2021-22 school year. We will host 3 virtual events for all current LEAD students. Those dates are:
Tuesday, 2/2 at 7:00pm
Wednesday, 2/3 at 12:00pm
Thursday, 2/4 at 7:00pm
LEAD Counselors and Administrators as well as representatives from Park Hill Professional Studies will be available. Each grade level will have a presentation and Q+A session for their grade level. Links to those events, with additional details will be sent in the coming weeks.
Professional Studies: 11th and 12th grade students can participate in a number of different professional studies programs. We encourage all of our students to find the program that fits their interests and apply. You can learn more here: https://www.leadcounselor.com/professional-studies.html
There are several programs under the Park Hill Professional Studies Umbrella:
- Park Hill School District’s Aspiring Professionals, Aspiring Educators, and Aspiring Medical Professionals applications can be found on the LEAD counselor site above. A representative will be available to answer questions and share about this amazing program at our LEAD Virtual Enrollment events.
- Northland Career Center: https://northland.plattecountyschooldistrict.com/
- NCAPS: https://www.northlandcaps.org/s/1625/bp19/home.aspx?sid=1625&gid=1 has events on 1/27, 1/28, and 2/1.
Enrollment forms for next year are due on Friday 2/12 for LEAD and applications for all professional studies programs are due 2/12 as well. We are here to partner with you in identifying the best possible options for your student.
Northland CAPs is hosting some virtual college fairs on the following dates. Click on the links below to register and attend the events. Participants will need to join using Google Chrome on a laptop. These platforms do not work on iPads or mobile devices.
- Business, Marketing and Entrepreneurship College Fair – 1/27 at 6pm CT.
- Please send to your practical arts teachers
Our LEAD BSU has reached out to HBCU and has the opportunity to attend a virtual college fair on January 30, 2021. Follow this link to register:
- Follow LEAD BSU on Instagram at lead.bsu
CALLING ALL CREATIVE TYPES!!
NATIONAL HONOR SOCIETY AT LEAD
STUDENT ANTIGEN TESTING
Starting on January 4, Park Hill School District started to offer antigen testing to students who have COVID-19 symptoms. We already offer this to staff members. If your child has symptoms, please contact the school nurse to schedule a test.
If your child is experiencing symptoms of Covid-19 and are wanting to have them tested, here's how:
1.) Must be a student in the Park Hill School District.
2.) Must have symptoms.
3.) Call LEAD Nurses at 359-4134 for a referral to the testing site.
4.) Click and print this consent form (fill out prior to appointment).
Please contact the LEAD nurses if your child has an exposure or symptoms of Covid, or if you have any health or wellness concerns at any time.
LEAD A+ TUTORING AVAILABLE!!
10th, 11th and 12th grade LEAD A+ students can now sign up to tutor their peers, either face to face or virtually, and get A+ hours for their time and effort! If your student would like to tutor, they need to fill out the A+ Tutors Application which can be found under the Resources tab in their Schoology LEAD A+ group.
If you feel that your child could benefit from meeting with a tutor, they can sign up for one in Summit. Please have your student follow these directions to access the request form:
- Open Summit and in the left blue field, select the 20-21 LEAD Homeroom course
- Scroll down to the LEAD Info and Useful Documents
- Select LEAD Community
- Scroll down to Resources and select the LEAD Tutoring request
Our goal is to have a tutor assigned to the request in one work week.
If you'd like to acknowledge your student's birthday, sporting events at the home high school - pictures in action or in uniform, future plans (college, trade school, etc.) send us a picture so that we can celebrate with you.
JOSTENS - CLASS RINGS & GRADUATION INFORMATION
- January 25 & 26 (lunch periods) - Class ring orders
- February 2 & 4 - Additional ring orders
- March 12 (lunch periods) - Grad announcement delivery
- March 17 - Additional grad announcement delivery
- April 8 & 9 (lunch periods) - Class ring delivery
- April 15 (lunch periods) - Cap/gown delivery
- April 21 - Additional cap/gown delivery
ONLINE STUDENTS: Click the link below to view the virtual presentation for class rings. You can also go directly to www.jostens.com to design and order your ring.
YOU ARE INVITED . . .
At Parent Cafe's you will:
- Meet other parents and caregivers and make new friends
- Share ideas and experiences for better communication
- Get new ideas on many parenting and self-care topics
- Share your hopes and goals for your family while building resilience
- Learn about community support and resources
All Cafe's are free to attend and you could receive up to $50 in e-gift cards for attending all three sessions.
Click the button below to register.