Barbers Hill HS Library Report
Individual students served by the library
Breakdowns for time of day and reasons for library visits are linked below. These results are measuring walk-ins only and are dependent upon students completing a check-in survey when entering the library.
Classes served by the library
The following teachers came to the library with their classes:
- Andrus - Brave New World & Frankenstein check out
- Lowery / Talbott - Animal Farm check out
- 10th grade English teachers - Night check out
- Pinion - Science book clubs
- Guarnere - The Great Gatsby check out
- Rinando / Taylor Research
- Andrus - Research
Breakdowns for classes served by the library by date and reason for visit are linked below.
Mrs. Taylor's class toils away researching inventions and inventors of the 19th and 20th century.
Cupcake war competition took place during National Library Week.
DIY Jungle Eye pendants
Students made jungle eye pendants during National Library Week.
Ransom Note Poetry
Students write poetry during National Library Week!
Jungle Book Scavenger Hunt winners
Scavenger Hunt held during National Library Week.
Mrs. Rinando's classes working hard at finding resources for their papers.
NON-Library usage and closures
- Strategy Club (every Tuesday @ 3)
- NHS officer meeting
- NHS members meeting
- Faculty meeting
- LIFT (every Friday @7)
- Book Club
- Representative Wayne Faircloth Awards Ceremony
- StuCo meeting
- Earth Day presentations
- Hosting displaced students during ACT testing
Workroom tasks completed by library staff
- Cataloging / Processing / Repairing of Books / Periodicals / Media / Equipment: 268 items
- Continued to handle circulation of laptops, cameras, and camcorders for teachers and students
- InterLibrary Loans (ILLs) facilitated to and from BHHS Library: 1
- Check the Twitter and Instagram accounts below for the library's social media presence for the month of April 2016
- Updated library website, NHS website, Book Club website, and Strategy Club website
- Created and maintained several book displays: Instacram, Book it to the Beach, What We Read in the Shadows, Weekend all Booked, Forgotten Classics, Readbox, Book Club
Library Stats - April 2016
Top Patron - Katlyn Lee
Top Homeroom - Mrs. Talbott
Top Fiction title - The Sword of Summer by Rick Riordan
Top Nonfiction title - Hazardous Waste by Keith McGowan
Top Graphic novel / Manga title - Hunter x Hunter 23 by Yoshihiro Togashi
- overdue - 199
Unpaid fines - 306
- Amount due - $1043.05
Student Aides and Parent / Community Volunteers
Parent / Community volunteers for April, 2016 - 1