February 1, 2016
"Jesus replied: 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.'" Matthew 22:37-39
- Staff Meeting tomorrow afternoon, February 2. GOAL will be combined in After Care from 3:10-4:00. Van Pool will operate on a delayed schedule. The van will plan to leave the school at approximately 3:45. We anticipate the arrival time of the van at the drop off location will be approximately 4:15.
- No School Monday, February 15-President's Day.
Help with Gator Gala
We are looking for another family to ride share with in the South Arlington, Mansfield, or South Grand Prairie areas. We are happy to pick up your student up in the mornings and drop them off with our son Maverick at school. In exchange, we are asking Maverick be picked up from school and taken home. We would meet you at your house immediately or just moments after. We have moved to Midlothian and it is taking 1.5 to 2 hours each way for drop off and pick up. The afternoons are harder for us, because our daughter in Midlothian gets out of school at the same time as Green Oaks. We pick her up then head to pick up Maverick and the construction through Arlington is a nightmare after 3 pm. Please let us know if your family is interested. Chris 817-681-4604 Christie 682-365-3590 or email@example.com
Chris and Christie Lea
In Our Prayers…
- Prayers for Tobey Elliott, Haley's dad, for health concerns.
- Ongoing prayers for Nic Patterson and Adrian Martinez as they continue to fight leukemia.
- Praises for news that Adrian Martinez will be returning part time starting in the next couple of weeks.
We’d like to include your prayer concerns, too. Please call the office or submit them by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Green Oaks has a continual need for items (listed below). In addition to the items on our wish list, right now we are in need of gift cards to Half Price Books, comic books, magazine subscriptions to Sports Illustrated Kids, Christian magazines, and teen magazines, including M, Twist, Teen Ink, etc. Green Oaks continues to collect Box Tops and Labels for Education. Please send these to school in a Ziploc bag.
White and color copy paper
Plastic forks, spoons, & knives
30 or 33 Gallon Trash Bags
White and color cardstock
These items are always needed and appreciated!