The Cure Panel Talk Show on Myeloma
with Dr. Ravi Vij and the MMRF
The Cure Panel Talk Show on 21 August, 2013 @ 6pm ET
The Cure Panel Talk Show is excited to host Dr. Ravi Vij, Washington University once again on Wednesday, 21 August @ 6pm ET.
Associate Professor of Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO, Dr. Ravi Vij, serves in the Section of Stem Cell Transplant and Leukemia, Division of Oncology. Dr. Vij’s research focus is the treatment of hematologic malignancies and hematopoietic stem cell transplantation.
Special Guest: Anne Quinn Young, MMRF, VP, Marketing
Anne Quinn Young, MPH, is Vice President of Marketing at the MMRF where she oversees all marketing and communications efforts, as well as educational programming. Prior to joining the MMRF in 2002, she was a consultant in the Healthcare Practice of Datamonitor, a global market research and business intelligence company. She previously worked in healthcare public relations at Burson-Marsteller and Chandler Chicco Agency, following a postgraduate internship at the Department of Justice, Antitrust Division. Ms. Young has a Master of Public Health from the Mailman School of Public Health of Columbia University and graduated cum laude from Dartmouth College with a Bachelor of Arts in Government.
Topic: ALLOGENIC STEM CELL TRANSPLANTS : Pros and Cons
Myeloma Beacon columnist and blogger, Pat was diagnosed with multiple myeloma in April 2007 at age 51. Pat who was in remission has recently learned that his myeloma is back. Pat is an author of three myeloma books and the fourth one is expected to hit the stands by the end of the year. Pat’s books include, Living with Multiple Myeloma, Stem Cell Transplants-A Patient’s Perspective, and New Multiple Myeloma Therapies. He maintains two blogs, Living with Multiple Myeloma and Help with Cancer.
Nick Van Dyk
Nicolas van Dyk (Nick) is a senior executive with a major media company, and in his spare time, he is the guitarist / songwriter for the rock band Redemption. He is in three years of complete remission following aggressive chemotherapy including tandem transplants and firmly believes myeloma can be cured in a majority of newly diagnosed cases through aggressive treatment. Nick chronicles his myeloma journey in his personal blog, www.nvdmyeloma.blogspot.com
Myeloma Cure Panel Talk Show @ 6 pm ET
Wednesday, Aug. 21st 2013 at 7pm
This is an online event.
Dr. Ravi Vij will discuss Allogenic Stem Cell Transplants with the panel. We also have Anne Quinn Young of MMRF with us talking about MMRF's research and advocacy activities for the year.
Callers may also be given the opportunity to ask the panel questions on myeloma live on the show.
Only 50 slots available. Hurry and Register! (or)
The Cure Panel Talk Show Format
- 6.00 pm - Conference call starts.
- 6.00 pm - Moderator welcomes and introduces co-host, and panelists.
- 6.01 pm - Co-host introduces the expert and panelists.
- 6.03 pm - Experts speak on the topic.
- 6.13 pm - Panelists begin discussion.
- 6.45 pm - Discussion is opened up for listeners.
- 6:59 pm - Moderator thanks co-host, panelists, and participants.
- 7.00 pm - Call comes to an end.
LISTEN to MYELOMA CURE PANEL TALK SHOW BROADCASTS HERE
- AUGUST MYELOMA CURE PANEL with Dr. Ravi Vij on Latest Myeloma Treatments
- SEPTEMBER MYELOMA CURE PANEL with Dr. Parameswaran Hari and Gary PetersenonMyeloma Disease Progression and Treatment
- OCTOBER MYELOMA CURE PANEL with Pat Killingsworth on Myeloma Cure vs Control
- NOVEMBER MYELOMA CURE PANEL with Dr. James R. Berenson on Myeloma Treatment without Transplant
- JANUARY MYELOMA CURE PANEL with Dr. Shaji K. Kumar and Dr. Edward A. Faber onNew Promising Treatments for Myeloma
- FEBRUARY MYELOMA CURE PANEL with Pat Killingsworth, Gary Petersen, Nick Van Dyk, and Sandy Hirsch - An online support group discussion.
- MARCH MYELOMA CURE PANEL with Matt Goldman, Anya Prince, Amy Garofalo and Pat Killingsworth - Working While Living with Myeloma.
- APRIL MYELOMA CURE PANEL with Dr. Robert Orlowski on Exciting New Drugs and Combinations for Myeloma.
- JUNE MYELOMA CURE PANEL with Don Baylor and Dr. James Berenson on Stress and Impact of Stress while Living with Myeloma.
- JULY MYELOMA CURE PANEL with Dr. Shaji K. Kumar on Myeloma ASCO Updates.
About Cure Panel Talk Show
Cure Panel is organized by CureTalk, a blog dedicated to discussing the future of medicine and the latest treatments under development. Cure Panel Talk Show is a series of monthly conference calls that will feature leading medical experts in conversation with patients/bloggers/researchers/health consumers. The panel will discuss latest cures under development of a given condition like Myeloma, Prostate Cancer.
CureTalk is a blog of TrialX.com, an online platform to connect patients to clinical trials of new treatments.
Find Myeloma Trials at http://myelomatrials.org
Ask Dory for Clinical trials for all conditions at http://trialx.com/ask