August Technology Tips
by Ashley Wasson
Back to School Must- Have Tool: Remind
Click on the "Remind Directions" button below to learn how to signup and begin texting or emailing alerts to your parents.
*If you created an account last year, you do not need to create a different account this year. You will just need to remove last year's class and then create a new class for this year.
*If you get an error message when trying to sign up for a new account, click the "sign in" button in the upper right hand corner of the screen. Click on the "Google" button below the log-in and follow the instructions.
Best Practices for your Computer
If your ActivBoard suddenly does not start working, unplug all of the cords and restart your computer. Once you have logged back into the computer, plug in all cords and see if the ActivBoard begins working. If not, try plugging in the USB Cord to your ActivBoard into another port on your computer.
I have talked with several technicians and they have said that restarting a teacher's computer has helped solve many computer issues!
Student Username and Password Lookup
1. Go to techserv.ucps.k12.nc.us (right click and choose "Open in a new tab")
2. On the left hand side, click "Student Username Lookup" (Third option from the bottom).
3. When the next page appears, click on Login in the top right hand corner.
4. On the login page, your username is your firstname.lastname and your password is the same as your computer login.
5. After logging in, click "Student Username Lookup" on the left hand side.
6. On the next page, select "Search for Individual Student" on the left hand side.
7. At the top of the Lookup page, enter the appropriate information to search for your student's username and password the click Search.