Mill Creek OST
Falling for MCE OST
Life starts all over again when it gets crisp in the fall.
-F. Scott Fitzgerald
- Thursday, October 8th-Early Dismissal-Mill Creek walking trail, 1p-3p and park 4-5:15p
- Friday, October 9th-All Day OST-Shawnee Mission Park and Power Play, 10a-4p. Kids will receive a pre-paid card with 20 points and 1 attraction, kids may bring extra money to add to it. Bring a sack lunch, water bottle, wear weather appropriate clothing and shoes, book for reading.
- Thursday, October 22nd-All Day OST-Pumpkin Patch at Johnson Farms, Belton, KS, 9:30a-4p (RAIN or SHINE) Bring a sack lunch, water bottle, wear weather appropriate clothing and shoes that could get dirty, book for reading.
- Friday, October 23rd-All Day OST-Lights On Fall Fest at Theatre In the Park, SMP, 9:30-3:30p, EVENT TIME TBD (RAIN or SHINE). Bring a sack lunch, water bottle, wear weather appropriate clothing and shoes that could get dirty, book for reading.
JCPRD does not refrigerate or heat any lunches. Times represent when we leave and return to site.
If your child(ren) will not be attending JCPRD please call, 913.599.5785, by 3p, or email email@example.com by 2p.
Please keep in mind that we open at 7am and close at 6pm. Late fees apply after 6p, a $1 per minute and will be strictly enforced.
JCPRD's MCE OST Hot Air Balloon
Engineers and Designers:
These creative and talented engineers and designers will receive one free admission ticket to the Midwest Hot Air Balloon Festival that will be held on October 23rd and 24th. Our balloon will be in contest for a high bid during an auction at the festival. Thank you to all who participated, they are sure to "blow" away the competition!
Extra Extra-curricular Activities
It will be the responsibility of the students and parents to check iPads back to the students when picked up.
Keeping the iPads in the backpacks helps make sure the correct tablet gets to the right student, taken home nightly, and keeps staff in ratio and engaged with the children. If you have any questions or concerns please call 913.599.5785 or email at the above address. This will be a work in progress, your suggestions, concerns, and comments are welcomed.
JCPRD's CODE of CONDUCT
SIGNING IN & OUT
Verifying Pick Ups-If we do not get a call, email, or note stating another person besides parents are not picking up, we will call to verify this. Please call the site number at 913.599.5785 if someone else is picking up your child(ren) so that our staff is informed and can attend to the kids.
Please remember to initial and time in and out your child(ren) daily.
IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER:
Friday, October 9th
Friday, October 23rd
- Thursday, October 8th, released at 12:30p. Going to Little Mill Creek Park and walking trails 1p-4p
- None so far
All Day OST:
- Friday, October 9th, All Day OST, Shawnee Mission Park & Power Play, 10a-4p
- Thursday, October 22nd, All Day OST, Pumpkin Patch at Johnson Farms, 9:30-4p
- Friday, October 23rd, All Day OST, Lights On Fall Fest @ Theatre In the Park, SMP 10a-3:30p
- Check-In: We will check 1st-2nd graders in at the Café, K, 3rd-6th graders check in in the JCPRD room. If you know your child(ren) will not be in OST please call us at 913.599.5785 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. If a student has not checked in with us, we will contact you if we haven't heard from you first.
- Snack: Commit to Health snacking with healthy alternatives, fresh fruits and veggies with delicious water.
- Homework/Reading time: After snack time your child(ren) can stay inside for our homework/reading time that will begin roughly at 4p and ends 4:30p. We encourage kids to work on homework but do not force them.
- Activities: We will provide clubs for kids to experience a wide range of activities. Some of the clubs include: Chess, Writing, Cooking, Art & Crafts, Kid Fit, and STEAM. As we progress through out the months, new clubs may be added.
- Outside/Gym Time: We believe it is essential for minds and bodies to have mental health breaks and join in on fitness breaks. Weather permitting we will go outside. JCPRD follows the Shawnee Mission school district’s weather policy. Please remember to have your child(ren) layer up and bring a jacket with their name labeled inside it. We will have structured activities for them to do during this time as well as free play.
- Check-Out: When you come to pick up your child(ren) please remember to WALK IN and SIGN THEM OUT in room 002 through door #15. There is a late charge of a $1 per minute after 6:00pm