Conyers Panther PawPrint
PURSUING EXCELLENCE WITH HONOR
HAPPY NEW YEAR! WELCOME 2013!
For the Parent...
Here are a few parenting resolutions which we hope you will find do-able and which can help guide you through to a successful 2013 for both you and your child.
1. Say “yes” more: to spending time and doing things together.
2. Say “no” more: to I want, I need, everyone has it, and everyone does it.
3. Worry less: about all the large and small highly sensationalized harm that exists out there. The overwhelming odds are with you.
4. Listen more; talk less: Ask “What do you think? What are you feeling? Tell me about it. What would you do?”
5. Negotiate less; explain more: Our children deserve to know the thinking behind our decisions and expectations, but should not be equal partners at the bargaining table. We are the parents.
6. Read a little more: to your child, with your child, and in front of your child - books, magazines, newspapers, notes. Read, Read, Read!!!
7. Write a few more: notes of love, recognition, encouragement, responsibility, and daily appreciation.
8. Expect a little more: good behavior, responsibility, manners, kindness, and all of the goodness that lies within our children.
9. Expect a little less: Slow down; We move too fast. Children need a lot of slow to grow.
10. Connect more: to family, friends, the community, those less fortunate, and the natural world.
Thank you to all our elementary teachers who helped teach and practice the Christmas selections with the students in preparation for the program. Special thanks to Amy Kephart, Director of the PA Music Department and teacher of Vocal, Piano, Recorders and Guitars; Dr. Arlene Woods, Director of the Band; Mr. Orlando Moss, Director of Strings.
And thank you parents and grandparents who made the extra effort (after a long day at work) to support our program by practicing with your children and getting them there on time. We had no idea there would be such a tremendous turn out for this, our first on-site Elementary program at the new Covington Campus Gym. It was FABULOUS!! The parking issues for our next event will run more smoothly, we are certain. Thank you for your patience and understanding-- It's a great "opportunity" to have, right?
Secondly, our Conyers campus enjoyed a special performance of "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" presented by our Conyers Performing Arts Club, under the direction of Mrs. Anita Surrett and Mrs. Stephanie Shott, The students did a great job on the program and it really put us in the Christmas spirit for the holidays.
How the Grinch Stole Christmas by the Conyers Performing Arts Club
Mr. Grinch (Mr. Brad Surrett) and Rudolf (Conner Aiken)
Under the direction of Mrs. Anita Surrett and Mrs. Stephanie Shott
Nya, Cayden, Ava and Mr. Grinch (Brad Surrett)
Front Row - L-R Brad Surrett, Jayla Daniel, Nico Mathew, Destyn Bunche, Devin Ortman, Morgan Kenneybrew, Cayden Wells, Ava Curington, Naya Dembure, Morgan Borner, Naya Dembure
Back Row - L-R Luke Griffin, Kristen Carr, Kennedy Tarver, Lauren Yancey
- Our teachers and administrators are working hard to address issues which provide a safe environment for your children while they are inside our school buildings. The following changes will be in effect until further notice.
- Both entrances to the private school will remain locked at all times during the regular hours of 7:45 AM - 5 PM. You may gain entrance by pressing the door bell, or knocking on the door. An administrator or teacher from the front desk will open the door for you. Please do NOT ask a student to open the door for you, as they have been instructed NOT to do so, unless under the direct supervision of their teachers.
- Upon entering the private school building during regular school hours, ALL visitors (including parents) must sign in and out in the school visitor's log book at the front desk and receive a visitor or volunteer badge. Please state the purpose of your visit clearly, including the time of arrival and departure. The badge must be displayed in a visible location on your shirt, or jacket. When you leave the building, again please sign out in the school visitor's log book at the front desk.
- Thanks to the generosity of our parents and PTO, we have four new portable radios, which have been a wonderful upgrade and addition to our current set. We have now stationed the four new radios in classrooms and are looking into purchasing additional radios, which would then complete our desire to provide emergency contact access to our teachers, both inside the classroom and out on the playground, or soccer field.
- We are happy to report that the fence surrounding our soccer field in back has finally been completed and now encircles the entire field, which will provide a more safe environment for our students when they are involved in their outside P.E. and Recess classes.
We are taking these extra precautionary measures to ensure your child's safety while they are in our care and on our school campus. You will be notified as further adjustments and changes are made.
Thank you for entrusting us with the safety of your child each day!
Academic Award Ceremony...
- Conyers Academic Awards Ceremony - Wednesday, January 16th @ 8:30 AM in the gym.
- Students should always wear khaki pants and maroon PA shirts at all chapel and award programs.
- All parents and grandparents are invited to attend the Awards Ceremony on Jan. 16th. Parents should arrive through the Private School entrance, sign in at the front desk and get a visitor's pass before continuing to the gym for the program.
Support our school...
- Spirit Day @ Bullritos is on January 15th. Come out and eat!! Click Here
- Spirit Night @ Chic-Fil-A in Conyers is on January 8th, 5-8 PM this month. Let's see if we can beat our last month's record of $300.
- Please continue to send in your box tops, soup labels, empty ink cartridges, old phones, etc... Our school gets money back from all these recycling efforts. Thank you for your support.