Campo Verde High School - Class of 2023
March 1, 2024
Important Dates to Remember
March 8th - Golden Scholars- CVHS Auditorium (Seniors 9-10am)
May 17th, 20th and 21st- Senior Finals: Click the link below
May 19th - Baccalaureate 3:00 PM -CVHS Auditorium (seniors report to the mini-gym by 2:30 PM in their cap and gown). Families are encouraged to attend!
May 20th-21st- EVIT Graduation: Times TBD
May 22nd - Project Graduation 11:00 PM to 6:30 AM -Main Event. See flyer below for more information.
May 23rd - Mandatory Graduation Rehearsal 6:45 AM Courtyard
May 23rd - Graduation Ceremony 7:00 PM Coyote Stadium (Seniors arrive at 6:15 PM to an assigned classroom). There are no tickets necessary in order to attend graduation.
- If you do not have an English class, stop by the activities office with any graduation questions.
- All seniors taking online courses MUST have them completed by April 26th, 2024 if they intend to walk at graduation. The instructors at Gilbert Global Academy are inundated with grading for students across the district. Any request for an extension beyond May 10th is not a guarantee of credit or participation in the graduation ceremony. If you have questions regarding this deadline please reach out to your counselor ASAP.
Senior Assessments & Final Exams
Baccalaureate: Sunday, May 19, 2024 at 3:00 pm in the Auditorium
- Baccalaureate is on Sunday, May 19, 2024 at 3:00 pm in the Auditorium. Grads, wear some nice clothes and your Cap and Gown, Tassel and Medallion.
- Family members are permitted and encouraged to attend. It's more of a solemn ceremony with a speaker chosen by our Senior Class, uplifting musical pieces performed by our Orchestra and Choir, and it usually lasts about an hour and a half. There is no assigned seating for students at Baccalaureate, and seating is first-come, first-served for guests.
- Students will need to report to the Mini Gym by 2:30 pm, and will leave promptly at 2:45 pm to walk over to the Auditorium for their grand entrance. Guests will please rise for the graduates as they enter.
- Both Baccalaureate and the Graduation ceremony will be live-streamed:
GRADUATION: MAY 23, 2024 7:00 PM @ COYOTE STADIUM
- PLEASE CHECK THE GRADUATION NEWSLETTER often. New information will be added each time we send it out. You will be emailed the same link every time, so you can always find it again when you need it, by searching your inbox for CVHS Graduation, or by visiting the Campo Verde Website, where it will be linked.
- EVIT Graduation time/place is TBD, but will be Monday/Tuesday, May 20th and 21st depending upon the campus. Stay tuned.
- Our Graduation rehearsal will be at 6:45 am on Thursday, May 23rd.
- Our Graduation Ceremony will be at 7:00 pm on Thursday, May 23rd. It's usually about 2 hours long.
- There will be Accessible seating available upon request. A Google Form will be sent (beginning of April), followed by a link to reserve/receive your digital tickets via GoFan.co. There will be NO CHARGE for the tickets. Screenshots of digital tickets will not be permitted.
- If you have already ordered graduation items form Jostens, they will be delivered to campus and distributed by Jostens just outside of the Bookstore on April 5th during both lunches.
- NEW Cap/Gown orders: APRIL 15th is the absolute FINAL deadline to order!! They will be delivered to campus and distributed by Jostens just outside of the Bookstore on May 10th during both lunches! Thank you to Jostens for extending this deadline for us all. Visit JOSTENS.COM to place your order TODAY!! DON'T DELAY!
Grad Nite vs. Grad Nite -- What's the difference?
Campo Verde hosts a Grad Nite lock-in hosted by senior parents the night before graduation. The event takes place at Main Event to provide a safe environment for our seniors the night before the big day. The CVHS Grad Nite EVENT information below is associated with our school and hosted by Project Graduation, a senior parent booster club. Please consider donating raffle prizes and volunteering your time to supervise the senior class. Administration does join the event throughout the night, and it's a memorable experience as seniors pull an all-nighter the day before graduation.
For clarification purposes, there is an unaffiliated company named Grad Nite. This is an outside company that is used for travel services. Campo Verde High School, our administration, and Gilbert Public Schools are not affiliated with this company. This is not an approved event; CVHS will not supervise it, and there is no association with our school. We are including this information in our graduation newsletter to provide clarification for parents and students so you are aware. It has come to our attention that some CVHS students plan on taking a senior trip with Grad Nite (the company). It has also come to our attention that those students may miss finals, Baccalaureate, etc. From our understanding, students who attend will miss either the first day of final exams on Friday (7th hour) or the second day of final exams on a Monday (2nd, 4th, 6th hour). Students who attend are not exempted from final exams and risk a zero on their final exam with the opportunity to take the final over the summer for a grade replacement. Not taking the final may impact student's ability to participate in the graduation ceremony if they do not pass their class. Everyone's situation is different; some classes have classroom/district finals, and some do not, and teachers are not required to adjust final exam dates.
If your student is signed up for this event, there is a point of contact that you should be able to reach out to if you have questions. We wanted to inform parents of the conflict due to its potential impact, supervision concerns, and to ensure that parents know this is not a school-sponsored event.
Grad Nite, Project Graduation
The CVHS Class of 2023 Grad Night Celebration will be at Main Event starting at 11:00 PM on Wednesday, May 22nd, and ending Thursday morning, May 23rd at 6:30 AM - just in time to head over to the mandatory graduation rehearsal at 6:45 AM in the courtyard.
Campo Verde graduating seniors have exclusive access to everything Main Event has to offer, including bowling, billiards, ropes course, laser tag, and arcade games. In addition, you can spend some time taking photos with friends in the photo booth, listening to the DJ, and enjoying live entertainment.
Food will be available throughout the night!
Don't wait to register! CASH or CHECK only, please.
Cost & Donation/Volunteer links to come!
Register for Gradnite- coming soon!
Volunteer for Gradnite- coming soon!
Donate to Gradnite- coming soon!
Turn your registration and payment into the CVHS bookstore.
The CVHS Project Graduation boosters sponsor the Grad Night celebration.
Graduation Speech Opportunities
Valedictorian/Salutatorian & Academic Speech
Class rank will be used to determine the Valedictorian/Salutatorian distinction. In addition, recognition will be made for students who are in the top 1% of their class. Weighted classes will be included when determining class rank and will be identified on a student's transcript.
The deadline to submit your application no later than March 8th
This award is intended for THE graduate who best exemplifies our goals of Community, Values, Honor, and Scholarship. The student who receives this award will have the honor of speaking at the 2024 Graduation Commencement Ceremony. This application is open to the entire senior class.
The deadline to submit your application is April 5th.
Senior Declaration Day Donations
Senior Declaration Day is an event only open to graduates to celebrate our Seniors and their future plans. Our Link Crew hosts this event for seniors to declare their plans, enter raffles, and celebrate their four year journey coming to an end. We are asking for donations for our event. Please check out the Sign Up Genius below to donate prizes that will be awarded to our senior students who enter the raffles. Each senior will receive tickets to participate. Prizes range from gift cards to items needed for the dorm.
Baccalaureate: A Moment Worth Experiencing
What IS Baccalaureate?
Baccalaureate is a tradition that stems from England in the mid-1400s, where graduates from the prestigious Oxford University gathered to reflect upon their educational journey. While it was originally a religious ceremony in the United States, it has evolved into a non-denominational service where graduates can reflect upon their thirteen-year journey in one of their last moments together as a class.
Graduation day itself is a very busy day, full of emotions and events, and attended by family and friends. However, because graduation is often a whirlwind that is over before we even realize it has begun, baccalaureate becomes a time where students can more solemnly experience what it means to be a graduate in an uplifting and personalized ceremony. It is truly a moment in their lives that cannot be recreated, and all graduates and family members are encouraged to attend. During this event, the CVHS Choir and Orchestra will perform.
Baccalaureate is on Sunday, May 19th, at 3 PM in the auditorium. Seniors report to the mini-gym at 2:45 PM in their cap and gowns.
Families and friends may also watch the event using the link below, and on our website.
Mandatory Graduation Rehearsal
When: Thursday, May 23, 2024
Location: Campo Verde Courtyard
Time: 6:45 AM
NOTE: If you are not at rehearsal and on time, you may NOT participate in the ceremony.
When: Thursday, May 23, 2024
Location: Coyote Stadium
Time: 7:00 PM (Graduates will report to their assigned room no later than 6:15 PM)
*Coyote Stadium will open for guests at 5:30 PM
There is currently NO LIMIT to the number of guests permitted per graduate.
No tickets are required for GENERAL entry at this time.
Families and friends may watch the ceremony via live stream using a link on the Campo Verde High School website. You may also want to include the website on your grad announcements.
There will be overflow parking available at Central Christian Church, located at the southeast corner of Lindsay and Germann. There will be two buses available to transport guests to and from our campus. The buses will run from 5:30pm to 9:30pm. Please park in the church's dirt lot.
Appropriate Attire for Graduation
- Gown, Medallion, Cap & Tassel (all are required) may be purchased online at JOSTENS.COM
- NEW: Wear your GOLDEN tassel if you received one for Golden Scholar.
- Caps may not be altered in any manner. Bring bobby pins to attach your cap if necessary.
- Gentlemen – Shirt, slacks, socks, and dress shoes required. No jeans or shorts are permitted.
- Ladies – Dresses or blouse and slacks, and dress shoes required. No jeans or shorts are permitted.
- Students dressed inappropriately will not be permitted to participate in the ceremony.
- Keep your grades up.
- Attend classes.
- Clear yourself through the Bookstore by making sure all of your DUES and FEES are paid via InTouch.
- Clear yourself in the Library by turning in Chromebook and Textbooks.
- Visit the Athletics and Music Departments to turn in your uniforms, if required.
- Complete all discipline assignments and online classes.
- Participate in the mandatory graduation rehearsal on the morning of May 23, 2022, at 6:45 AM in the courtyard.
- Your Line Leader will hand you an envelope with your diploma and immunization record after you walk across the stage to receive your green diploma cover.
- Professional photographs will be taken as you receive your diploma cover, courtesy of GradImages.com.
- Limited accessible seating for persons with disabilities (plus one guest each) will be available on the track. Tickets will be required and can be acquired through GOFAN.CO. There is NO charge for tickets, but screenshots of tickets will NOT be permitted. Please, if you have an unusual circumstance that you feel warrants a conversation, feel free to reach out to the Admin Assist over Graduation, Cat Jones at 480-545-3100 x 2101 or the Admin over Graduation, Erica Duckett at 480-545-3100 X 2141.
- Guests will not be allowed on the football field after graduation. However, graduates can meet their friends and family on the west practice field and outdoor basketball courts after the ceremony. There will be backdrops available for photos.
- Students with inappropriate objects (balloons, beach balls, signs, noisemakers, etc.) in their possession will have the object confiscated, and/or the student will be removed from the ceremony.
- Students or their guests seeking to disrupt the ceremony in any way will be removed by Gilbert Police and Security.
- Students in possession, smelling of/or under the influence of alcohol, drugs, etc., may not participate in the ceremony and will be subject to appropriate disciplinary action in accordance with District policy.
Please note: The Senior Class has requested that no noisemakers be used at their graduation ceremony. Names of fellow students cannot be heard because of noisemakers.
Thank you for supporting their request.
Transcript Orders Through Parchment
Campo is now using Parchment to order and send out all transcripts. Parchment is a vendor that electronically sends transcripts upon a student's request and is relatively self-service. However, to utilize this option moving forward, all of our students will need to create a free Parchment account. While the account is free, there is a charge if the request is for an official transcript and is paid by the student at the time of ordering.
Parchment uses the highest security standards and the service complies with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). This service is available from approximately 12 a.m. to 11 p.m. Pacific Time.
Please check your student's email inbox for the invite to create your Parchment account.
Save Your Google Info.
Each year seniors need to either download or transfer their files from their GPS Google Workspace account to another Google account so they can access any of their files after graduation.
Here are the directions for both the download process and the process to transfer files to a new Google account. The Transfer process requires creating a new account or using an existing personal account to transfer to, and will only allow up to 15 GB.