December 5, 2012
iPad Texting App WARNING
KIK MUST BE DELETED
KIK is no longer an approved iPad app. If you have the app, you must delete it from your iPad today. I'll run a report tomorrow and contact anyone who does not delete it. I will also be sending an email out to your parents letting them know about this decision.
We've made this decision about KIK because students have been using it for inappropriate purposes, and the company has been unwilling to cooperate with us.
Cyber-bullying: Rules to live by
If you are bullied online, or if someone communicates with you in an inappropriate way, . . .
1. Talk to a trusted adult.
2. Don't delete the message. Take screenshots of the messages.
3. Be yourself online -- do not create fake identities.
Be safe online
1. Be careful when chatting online -- the person you are chatting with may not be who you think they are.
2. Keep your identity private. Do not give out your full name, address, or phone number online.
3. Be careful when posting pictures of yourself or friends online. Those pictures of you and your friends at the lake may be cute, but once posted you have no control over them.
Gmail app gets an update
Below is a video review of Gmail 2.0.