October 27, 2020 Indiana Middle Level Education Association
#Resources from AMLE20
I am still going through the many great resources and sessions that were a part of #AMLE20, and will be sharing a few each week. First up, the book that served as a basis for much of the programming.The fifth edition of This We Believe, now titled The Successful Middle School, is now available. This can be used as a source for PD, a reference for crafting a mission and vision, or as a text for middle-level courses. Registrants of #AMLE20 received copies. For more information or to order, you can find these one-pagers on the AMLE website, or get a preview of the book from Rick Wormeli below.
Why Do I Like This Video?
Which of the following is true?
A. Ask, Listen, Learn was a sponsor of the AMLE Conference.
C. Brian Coleman was the 2019 National School Counselor of the Year
D. Brian Coleman is a former student of mine.
E. All of the above.
If you answered E, you would be correct! Check out the extensive resources on the website, which includes videos, games, lesson plans, and more!
Teacher Creativity Grant Applications Due Monday
Opportunities to Read, Think, Make, and Create
Play Quick Games with Your Students
This Week's INSPIRE3 Update
Highlights included in this INSPIRE3 Update 10/26/20. Thank You for sharing this Update with your staff and colleagues as these resources are beneficial in service-learning planning for in-school and/or virtual instruction for the 20-21 school year.
- Access, view, and share this PowerPoint 10-22-2020 INSPIRE3 Service Learning Presentation used in a recent INSPIRE3 Virtual Service-Learning Session
- New Snapshots of Service Learning from Benjamin Rush M.S., White River Valley H.S., Eastern Greene Elementary, Triton Central M.S., Scecina Memorial H.S., Summit M.S., Wakarusa Elementary
- LTG -Build Connections-Virtual Engagement/Establishing Community handout; Class Meeting Ideas handout
- LTG lessons and resources to support national initiatives in October: National Disabilities Month; Anti-Bullying; World Food Day and in November: Election Day; Veterans Day; National Philanthropy Day; Thanksgiving Day; Giving Tuesday. Oct. and Nov. lessons/toolkits
- INSPIRE3 PowerPoints available: Service Learning for Science and STEM Educators K-12 Service Learning/Blended/Virtual Learning in ALL Content area K-5 and 6-12; Service Learning/Employability Skills; Service Learning /SEL All PPTs and Tutorials found HERE.
- SEL in Community Activity Guides K-12
- Teaching Social Justice and Building Community grade level guides
- generationOn website free service/service-learning resources for teachers, students, and parents
- Visit our INSPIRE3 page on the IMLEA website HERE and the IASP website HERE
- INSPIRE3 program status update
- Contact information for free assistance
- Thank You Very Much for sharing our updates and the INSPIRE3 web page with your staff and colleagues
Free Learning Opportunities & Recognitions (all times listed are ET)
October 28: “Makers Gonna Make: Maker Ed in Remote/Hybrid Learning Environments”, Noon
October 28: Jack Berckemeyer "How to Do Virtual Teaching Even if You Have a Face for Radio," free through NELMS, 3 pm
October 29: DOE Webinar with Michelle Eaton, author of The Perfect Blend, 4 pm
October 31-Nov. 15: Free Texas Online Book Festival; Adults & Students Have Access to Many Top Authors
November 2 : Lilly Creativity Grant Applications Due
November 7-8: Free Make Math Moments Matter Summit
2021: IMLEA Conference-Now Virtual!
Indiana eLearning Lab (Must Register to See Live Schedule; Tutorials always available)