Hippo Nation Human Capital Courant
Serve. Lead. Empower.
Hippo Nation inspires excellence in academics, character, and community!
Hutto ISD aspires to be the premier choice in education through innovation, leadership, and diversity.
Scholarship Opportunity for Adults due FEB 5th! Apply Today!
I am pleased to announce the availability of the 2021 ACET Scholarship!
Please help spread the word!
- ACET Adult Scholarship (4 documents) =
- Scoring Rubric
This information is posted on the ACET website which can be accessed by clicking this link: https://www.acetx.org/scholarship-application
* February 5, 2021 = ACET
* Must be postmarked no later than the established deadline.
Mail completed applications to:
ACET Region # 13 Director
PO Box 1368
21 N. Avenue C
Elgin, TX 78621
* No fax applications will be accepted.
Should you have any questions or need assistance, feel free to contact me by email at email@example.com.
Natalie B. Weber
TEXANS FOR STRONG PUBLIC SCHOOLS - Sign up for text alerts today!
Last week, legislators kicked off the 87th legislative session. The ongoing COVID-19 pandemic is having a tremendous impact on our state and our schools. With the state facing a $950 million budget shortfall, it's important to let your lawmakers know that you care about funding for public schools and want the best for Texas students.
Here's what we believe:
- Public schools should be funded at the levels promised under House Bill 3 (https://www.texansforstrongpublicschools.org/issues/funding-public-schools.aspx?utm_source=email&utm_medium=emma&utm_campaign=87kickoff).
- Charter schools must be more transparent, and their expansion should be limited (https://www.texansforstrongpublicschools.org/issues/hold-charters-accountable.aspx?utm_source=email&utm_medium=emma&utm_campaign=87kickoff).
- School districts and board members should have a voice at the Capitol (https://www.texansforstrongpublicschools.org/home.aspx).
We invite you to stand with Texas public schools during the session. Through emails like this, we will keep you updated on legislative developments and let you know when you need to contact your legislators.
You also can sign up for text alerts. Text SCHOOLS to 313131 to receive advocacy action alerts.
Want to know more about what to expect during this session? Listen to our legislative preview episode (https://tasbtalks.libsyn.com/episode-40-preview-of-the-87th-texas-legislature?utm_source=email&utm_medium=emma&utm_campaign=87kickoff) of the TASB Talks podcast, featuring Dax González, TASB’s division director of Governmental Relations.
Together, we can make sure the 5.4 million school children in Texas have a voice in the legislative process.
Texans for Strong Public Schools
Thank you to our amazing Bilingual Dual Language Team in Hippo Nation! Thank you for ALL that you do!
Welcome new employees!
Shoutout to our Maintenance and Operations Crew with our Maintenance Supervisor, Mr. Thomas Brister
I wanted to thank you and your team for the great work today!!!
The roof blew off the softball dugout overnight but by the end of the day, it looked brand new!!
Thank you team!"
Types of Federal Student Aid
Director of Human Capital
Extension 1077 in Hippo Nation connects you directly to me!
- Dr. Almquist (@servingkids)
Here is my bio!
*Your passion, attitude, and touch change eternity.*
What is "Human Capital?"
What is a "Courant?"
Courant also means running according to Merriam-Webster Dictionary. Hippos run. We run to ensure that our students are getting the very best that they deserve and need. We run to ensure that the spirit of the River Horse never dies. If you didn't know, River Horse means Hippo; It is the literal English translation of the Greek word Hippopotamus!
Our Courant will be composed of topics that relate to career pathways, growing us as individuals, and other topics that relate to the human capital component of our work.
You’re invited! Student loan forgiveness webinar
If you’re struggling with student loan debt, join us! We’ve partnered with Horace Mann to bring you a free, virtual workshop where you’ll learn how their Student Loan Solutions program can help you:
• See all your student loan information in one place
• Calculate your loan forgiveness potential
• Determine your best repayment plan
• Qualify and apply for loan forgiveness
• Receive ongoing support and guidance
You’ll also learn how redirecting any savings toward your other life goals can help you get on a path toward a brighter financial future.
It will be a jam-packed session full of valuable information you won’t want to miss.
Save your spot in one of our upcoming Student Loan Solutions workshops at horacemann.com/student-loan-debt-help/webinars.
TX TRS Benefits Info - 2.18.2021
I trust that this email finds you well and rested form the break! Over the past 8 years, it has been my commitment to help teachers, administrators and support professionals better understand their Texas Teachers Retirement System. To further that commitment during these challenging days, I am now hosting my workshop series virtually via Zoom sessions!
The Workshop Series is open to any Texas Public School employee who wants to learn more about their TX TRS benefits!
TX TRS Workshop - February 18, 2021 4:00 PM CST (US and Canada)
- Topic: Texas Teachers’ Retirement System (TXTRS) workshops
- Click here to register for this workshop
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar
TX TRS topics covered during the workshop:
- How to estimate what your retirement benefits will be
- At what age can YOU expect to be able to retire
- How many years of service you need to collect FULL Retirement benefits?
- Understanding the limits of TX TRS and why TX TRS benefits may be different for different employees
- Beneficiary Designations before and after Retirement
- Cost-of-living adjustments
- Social security and retirement income shortfall
- Developing a retirement strategy
I welcome any questions you may have prior to the workshop. Please feel free to reach out to me via this email or by calling my office at 512-966-7200.
** This workshop is not a sales presentation and Horace Mann products or services will not be directly discussed.**
Would you like to schedule a virtual meeting?
622 S. Baker Cir.
Leander, TX 78641
Learn About HDO’s Master’s Degree
We are holding three online information sessions next month in advance of our admissions deadline (March 15) for joining our next Master’s cohort. These sessions are a great opportunity for you to meet faculty, staff, alumni, and to ask questions about the program to determine if our one-of-a-kind Master's Degree is the right fit for you!
Upcoming Info Sessions:
February 10 | 5:00 pm-6:00 pm
- Featured Alumni: Sara Llansa, Director, EMERGE (Houston Independent School District)
February 18 | 12:00pm-1:00pm (Military Veterans & Active Duty)
- Featured Alumni: TBA
February 23 | 5:00 pm-6:00 pm
- Featured Alumni: Elena Espinoza Gearheart, Associate Director of Talent, Breakthrough
Final Admission Deadline Approaching:
Apply by March 15, 2021
Gathering your application materials (transcripts, letters of reference, etc.) can take time, so if you're interested in joining the next Master's cohort, begin or continue the application process today!
University of Phoenix
Specialize your degree with an elective track.
- Curriculum and Instruction (K-12)
- Educational Technology (K-12)
- Higher Education Administration
- Reduced from 62 to 54 credits
- Additional 3 credit waiver with approved MAED program
- Waive up to 27 approved doctoral transfer credits
- Research, write, and defend your dissertation in manageable chunks throughout your program
- Program is completely online, saving you money on travel expenses
- Partner with the same Dissertation Chair and University Research Methodologist (URM) throughout your program
- Move through with the camaraderie and community of your student cohort
We look forward to working with you!
Regional Education Development Specialist
University of Phoenix , College of Education
direct 714-642-5855 | mobile 714-642-5855 | fax 602-643-0890