Week of August 24
In order to adhere to the social distancing guidelines, we will not be completing schedule changes in-person when we return to school. If you wish to change something on your schedule, please call the high school office at 906-485-1023 to schedule a phone appointment with Mrs. Halamka.
CDC Checklist for Back to School Planning for Parents and Guardians
Back to School Information
- The first day of school is Tuesday, September 1. Students will have a full day on Wednesday and early release on Thursday, September 3. There is no school on Friday, September 4 and we are back on Tuesday, September 8.
- Masks are to be worn at all times except during meals. Teachers will incorporate multiple mask breaks throughout the day.
- Students should bring refillable water bottles to school. Water filling stations will be available but drinking fountains will not.
- Students will be allowed to carry back packs to class if they do not feel comfortable using their locker.
- Parents/guardians should enter Westwood High School through the main office entrance and should call the office (485.1023) to inform school staff of their visit. Parents/guardians must wear a mask to enter the Westwood High School office and should prioritize visits to minimize office visitor traffic.
- For more information click on the link below
Learning Options for 2020-21
Students will have three learning options to start the school year.
- In the building Monday-Friday, face-to-face instruction
- Online learning through our Patriot Online Academy
- Hard copy materials provided by the classroom teacher
If you are considering options 2 or 3, please contact the high school office at 906.485.1023 to notify us of your choice or if you have questions about your options.