Collins Coyotes Howler Newsletter
September 8, 2021
Need translation? Click TRANSLATE NEWSLETTER button on the right.
Para traducir, busque el BOLETÍN TRADUCIDO a la derecha.
Чтобы перевести, найдите БЮЛЛЕТЕНЬ ПЕРЕВОДА справа.
ត្រូវការការបកប្រែទេ? រកមើលប៊ូតុង TRANSLATE NEWSLETTER នៅខាងស្តាំ។
Cần bản dịch? Tìm nút BẢN TIN DỊCH ở bên phải
Manaʻomia le faʻaliliuga? Vaʻai mo le TRANSLATE NEWSLETTER button i le itu taumatau.
Welcome to a new school year!
Greetings, Collins families,
Thank you for sharing your children with us this year. Our school is such a happy, vibrant place with the children here. They have been doing a great job following our guidelines to success that we call ‘the 4 BEs:’
Our mission is to create connected, capable, contributing learners who achieve their highest potential every day. We want to partner with you to bring our mission to life. If you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions, we would love to hear them.
Please take a moment to look over our newsletter. It usually comes out every two weeks.
Dr. Barbara Mondloch
September 15 - 2:35 early dismissal
September 22 - 2:35 early dismissal
September 29 - 2:35 early dismissal
Drop-off and pick-up – Important Information
Thank you so much for following the drop-off and pick-up routines. Now that we have virtually all our students back in the building, we have a bit more volume than last year. Thank you for your patience and kindness to other drivers during arrival and dismissal.
A couple of important reminders:
- Traffic flows one way through the parking lot.
- The drop-off/pick-up area is off of 128th St E. only. The 18th street entrance is for buses. Parents, please remain in your car during drop-off/pick-up, if possible.
- There are two lanes for arrival/dismissal. The lane closest to the curb is where cars stop to unload or load students. The lane to the left is for moving traffic. After dropping off or picking up your student please carefully merge into the left lane to exit the school area. Please do not park in the left (moving) lane. If you can’t pull to the curb, just make another loop around the parking lot.
- Please pull as close to the curb on the right as possible for student unloading/loading.
- At arrival, to keep traffic moving, please pull as far forward as possible so we are not blocking traffic on 128th. This may mean that you drive past the main entrance and students walk back to the door.
- At dismissal, students will be escorted to their pick-up zone, based on the first letter of their last name. Zones are alphabetical and labled with colored signs. The first zone is blue (A-G), while our last zone is yellow (T-Z).
- At dismissal, students will wait for their parents to park at the curb before leaving the sidewalk.
Notes from Nurse Marta!
Collins Elementary PTA BOARD 2021-2022
Communications Chair-Lexani Johnson
Secretary - Jessica Collisides
Treasurer- Meaghan Brassey
Vice President- Chrissy Richardson
We are always looking for new volunteers for the PTA. There are many more opportunities to help with PTA. Any help is always welcome. If you have any suggestions or skills that you think will help our PTA I encourage you to please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.