American Literature EOC Resources
Let's get ready to rock the EOC!
A Brand New Quizlet - Just for GCA Students!
COVID-19 & The Milestones
American Literature EOC Prep
We have designed this page to be a first stop for our GCA students as they are getting ready for the American Literature Milestones End-of-Course Assessment. Some things you need to know before you get started:
- The test is required for all students.
- The test is administered over two days, April 27-28.
- The test has three parts. The first part, administered on Monday, is constructed response (essays/short answer), and the second part, administered on Tuesday, contains two multiple choice sections.
- The grade you earn on the test is 20% of your overall grade for the course.
- You will take this test in person at a site near your home.
Experience the Test Online!
You can try the test out, view a tutorial video, and access relevant test documentation and user guides provided by the state of Georgia's Department of Education. This is a great way to familiarize yourself with the testing experience and get rid of any test jitters!
Department of Education Resource
- Pages 10-20: Examples of constructed response prompts, sample answers, and rubrics.
- Page 22: Study skills and test taking strategies
Reading Literary Text
- Pages 28-33: Key terms to study before the test
- Pages 35-39: Practice reading passage, multiple choice, constructed response
Reading Informational Text
- Pages 42-46: Key terms to study before the test
- Pages 47-52: Practice reading passage, multiple choice, constructed response
- Pages 56-63: Key terms to study before the test
- Pages 64-80: Practice reading passage, multiple choice, constructed response
- Pages 83-86: Key terms to study before the test
- Pages 87-91: Practice reading passage, multiple choice, constructed response
Answer key for practice items - Pages 93-101
Key Terms Flashcards!!!
Frequently Asked Questions
A: There are several things you can do:
- Read the resource provided above and do the practice questions.
- Memorize the flashcards provided.
- Attend your live sessions every single day!
- Complete your work in Canvas.
- Look at your feedback in Illuminate and complete remediation activities.
- Do the Writescore remediation activity provided by your teacher.
Q: Who can help me get ready for the test?
A: Your teacher! They have so many extra resources available for you within the class already, and they can answer any extra questions you have.
Q: What grade do I have to get to pass the test?
A: To score a level 3 or above, you need to make at least an 80% on the test.
Q: How do I know if I am ready?
A: A good rule of thumb is to have at least an 80% in your class and to score above 80% on your quizzes and tests.
Q: How many questions are on the test?
A: The American Literature and Composition EOC assessment consists of about 60 items. You will be asked to respond to selected-response (multiple-choice), constructed-response, extended-response, and extended writing-response items.
Q: How long will I have to take the test?
A: You may have up to 85 minutes per section to complete the multiple choice tests. They are administered on the same day. You may have up to 90 minutes to complete the writing portion.
Top Tips & Strategies
Want More Resources?
- Eliminate wrong answers https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0P5U9s4wYE
- Working Backwards https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEF_mkeFawU&list=PLD15DF1C98D5F1197&index=2
- Solving easy problems first https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XYMkBib9Cw&list=PLD15DF1C98D5F1197&index=3
- Staying relaxed https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvQHk9WUjKg&list=PLD15DF1C98D5F1197&index=4
- Brain dump https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5YjVNgWjpU&list=PLD15DF1C98D5F1197&index=5
- Use your pencil https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSmycb0b9yo&list=PLD15DF1C98D5F1197&index=6
- Tricky words (game changers) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmodacGoZfg&list=PLD15DF1C98D5F1197&index=7
- All or none answers https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yQuMHouXbw&list=PLD15DF1C98D5F1197&index=8
- The comfortable pace https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnXQ5cepJXA&list=PLD15DF1C98D5F1197&index=9
- Estimate or do the minimum https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fphJw_G2iZY&list=PLD15DF1C98D5F1197&index=10
- How to feel great https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zs-IeO31kZk&list=PLD15DF1C98D5F1197&index=11
- How to take multiple choice https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zm3Jq4JYTEI
- Process of elimination https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xW5QKgMEdsQ
- Tips to reduce testing anxiety https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgStcM3DoYU
- Test Anxiety: Crash Course Study Skills https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-9cqaRJMP4
- Studying for Exams: Crash Course Study Skills https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLhwdITTrfE&list=PL8dPuuaLjXtNcAJRf3bE1IJU6nMfHj86W&index=8
- The 9 BEST Scientific Study Tips https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p60rN9JEapg