A WORD TO THE WISE...
* LONG WEEKEND - Just a reminder (as if you need it) that we have a four day weekend upon us. This is basically our last break before the long push to the end of the year. Please take time for yourself and refresh so that you are ready to go.
* BOND ELECTION - Reminder that BOND early voting opens on Monday. Dr. Null will be sending an email about the election. Make sure you watch the video from him.
* GARDEN HELP - Hopefully we will have 50 more bags of mulch delivered on Tuesday. Anyone who can stay Tuesday afternoon and finish mulching the garden, that would be great! Need to get it looking nice before ExplOREtorium on Thursday.
* EXPLORETORIUM - Is Thursday April 25. If you are scheduled to attend, please make sure you are in attendance. If you are not, feel free to drop by and support PTO by participating in the silent auction and/or shopping with the vendors who are coming. Make sure parents are fully informed about this event so that we have a great showing.
* RECESS - We need to be diligently monitoring recess from now till the end of the year. We are already seeing an increase in physical behaviors where students are getting hurt by each other. Make sure you have at least 4 teachers outside and that you each take a duty station to monitor.
* ADMINISTRATIVE PROFESSIONALS' DAY - Is Wednesday! Please take a moment and drop by and thank Deanna, Kathie and Virginia for all they do!!!
* SOURCE Co
* THIRD GRADE YMCA - Third grade will be going to the YMCA on Tuesday.
* VOGEL VISIT - Fourth grade will be visiting Vogel on Tuesday.
* EXPLORETORIUM - At the ExplOREtorium night, PTO auctions off baskets and time with teachers. We are in need of what you want to auction off? They are asking that you do individual or partner items this year (lunch in the garden, movie with a teacher) instead of grade wide auctions. Be creative!! I need your idea by Thursday.
* KINDERGARTEN ROUND-UP - Please remind parents that Kindergarten Round Up starts on Monday. Registration is online and this will include ORE students and Suchma students. Virginia will register them all and then separate them. We want to get as many registered as possible so please help us spread the word.
* DR. PHILLIPS VISIT - Dr. Phillips will be here on Tuesday, April 30 around 12:30 for her campus visit. We will be walking classrooms and talking to students and seeing what great things you are doing!
* SECOND GRADE PROGRAM - Will be on Thursday, May 2. More details to come on that.
* INTRA/INTERDISTRICT TRANSFERS - Intradistrict/interdistrict transfer requests for next school year are now available. If your child is in attendance here on a transfer, please go ahead and take of submitting one for next year. BOARD VOTED AND CHANGED THE DEADLINE DATE TO MAY 1 FROM JULY 1.
SEEDS FOR GROWTH:
Alyssa Barker - for volunteering to take my car rider duty to save my tired, pregnant lady feet! - Samantha
Brooke Gatley - for all your support of the fourth grade teachers and students as we count down to STAAR. - Rachel Miller
Becky Playfair - for all your hard work catching up with our students over the past two weeks! - ORE family
Goals for 18-19
2. Starting in January, teachers will focus on aligning two anchor stations with current learning in the classroom.
3. By the end of the school year, reading and writing teachers will be trained in the conferring process and create their own documentation of conferences.
19 - Holiday - Kara Saly's birthday
22 - School holiday
23 - 26 - Book Fair
23 - Third grade Destination YMCA
24 - Administrative Professionals' Day
24 - Fourth Vogel Visit
25 - ExplOREtorium Night, Kinder Round Up
26 - Math Review Quiz
29 - Faculty Meeting
30 - Kim Dooley and Tami Miller's birthday, Dr. Phillips campus visit
1 - Principals' Day
2 - Second grade program
6 - Team Leader
6-10 - Teacher Appreciation Week
8 - Samantha Hier's brithday
9 - Teacher Appreciate Luncheon
9 - TOY/HOY/RISING STAR reception
10 - Muffins with Mom
11 - Rachel Miller's birthday
13 - STAAR Math
14 - STAAR Reading
15 - Chanda Hernandez's birthday
15 - SOURCE meeting
16 - Second grade math benchmark
19 - Jeff Dye's brthday
20 - Faculty Meeting
21 - Fourth grade to War Eagle Challenge
22 - Principals' Meeting/5th grade math placement test
24 - Fun Day
26 - Erin Ryan's birthday
27 - Memorial Day Holiday/Jeanie Wyatt's birthday
28 - Kinder Graduation/ORHS graduation
29 - Fourth grade graduation
30 - Last day of school/early dismissal