Ms. Mary's Class
Class 2C at the Elementary School, ASD, Doha.
Week 1, September 3rd, 2015
I am delighted to be your child's Grade 2 teacher and I am looking forward to meeting you again at Back To School Night when I will explain the routines in our classroom and the expectations for the year ahead.
This is Week 1 and all units in Math, Reading, Writing and Social Studies have begun! See information letters on each subject by clicking on the red buttons below. Please also note the 2C weekly schedule below, although the copy I handed to you on our first day in school is slightly more accurate.
Essential agreements in our classroom...
Making Tens in Maths
Students are growing their reading stamina and learning about new strategies: students in 2C were able to read to themselves quietly and in one place for almost 30 minutes!! We will continue to work on choosing just right books and strong reading habits.
In Writing we have been exploring where we can find ideas for ‘personal narratives’ and we are beginning to practice moving through the writing process.
In our Social Studies unit on Our Communities we began looking at the communities we are a part and the rights and responsibilities we have in specific communities.
- Back To School night this Wednesday, September 9th
- ES Wellbeing Awareness Week - September 13 - 17th
- Individual and class photos will be taken on Sunday, September 13th. Students chose what to wear, change into PE kit later.
Back To School Night
BTSN will be held on Wednesday, September 9th. This is a very important opportunity to meet your child’s teacher and to get more information about the learning and routines your child will experience this year.
There are students in your child’s class who have nut allergies. A child with nut allergy can develop mild or severe reactions if they come in contact with the said allergen. Please take note of the following measures:
· Please be considerate of your child’s classmates when sending in snacks (avoid sending any nuts or nut products)
· Children should be encouraged to wash their hands before and after lunch, prior to returning to the classroom to avoid any cross-contamination.
· For any special occasions, please be reminded that any food brought in to the class should be nut free.
A Message from the PTA
The PTA Directory will be published this Fall. It contains contact information for faculty, staff, school organizations, and students. In an effort to “go green”, it will be available in Powerschool as a .pdf file, and a limited number of hard copies will be printed.
Parents should go into Powerschool, click on the PTA Directory button, and verify the information is accurate and has a check in the box so it will appear in the directory.
Information without a check in the box will not appear. Press the “submit” button for changes to be saved.
Do this for each student in the family. The deadline to make changes will be the end of September.